DISCOVER THE ESSENCE OF CRACOW
With IAN FENNELLY
12 August - 17 August, 2024
Explore the beauty of Cracow with a pen and watercolour. Professional urban sketcher Ian Fennelly will show you techniques and methods that help you to create your own lively and atmospheric sketches. Learn to find your individual style and fill your sketchbook step by step. Intensive course of 5-6 h a day.Inspired by the charm of the unique Cracow scenery you will be able to capture your favourite travel memories with brush and pen.
- Intestive learning course by Ian
- beautiful accomodation in heart of Cracow
- The best Polish food during stay
- Airport and local transportation
- Guided tours of Old town , Wawel castle and Jewish Quarter
Day by Day Workshop Schedule
- Day 1: 12th august Arrival to Kraków Airport with pick-up from airport 3-5pm, settling in to the hotel. Time to relax, followed by a welcome dinner in a traditional Polish restaurant at 7:00pm with introduction to the workshop.
- Day 2: 13th august Breakfast 8-9:30am am, followed by a guided sight seeing tour of Kraków’s old town .Quick lunch break , 1:30pm First session in the old town with Ian . Dinner in a restaurant.
- Day 3: 14th august Breakfast at 8.30am, followed by the Wawel castle painting session .Quick lunch break and afterwards finishing on painting . 5:00pm guided Wawel castle tour or free time to explore. Dinner in a restaurant at 7:30pm.
- Day 4: 15th august Breakfast at 8.30am,followed by 1h guided tour of Jewish Quarter—this place has been the heart of the city’s Jewish community since medieval times. Traces of its turbulent past remain, but today it’s reinvented itself as a thriving cultural hub, where historic synagogues and museums sit side by side with art galleries, cocktail bars, bold street art, and vintage boutiques. After tour group will start the class ,we will have lunch in one of the local restaurant. Afternoon You will finish the session with the Teacher. Free time to shop or relax. Dinner on Your own.
- Day 5: 16th august.Last day of the workshop.After breakfast group will have time to finish on the paintings,critique session with Ian,gallery of art .Lunch on your own with free time until 6.30pm we will enjoy degustations of Polish specialities:) final dinner in traditional polish restaurant.
- Day 6: Departure day:( Breakfast, check-out , transfer to the airport.
Course Cost: 2299 Euro
Polish culture has the place in history, but it is still evolving, combining old traditions with modern sensitivity. If you are interested in culture, art, you like to travel and discover new places or maybe you want to make contact with Polish roots, we invite you to a 5-day stay in southern Poland where we discover theessences of this region together with the opportunity to combine passion for travel with a passion for art.
We planned many attractions for You!
Get to know better Krakow and its Unique architecture with warm hospitality from Our polish Friends.
The roots of Poland date back to the turn of the first millennium, leaving thousands of years of action, kings and castles to discover. Lovers of the history of World War II are well served. Poland tragically found itself in the midst of this epic struggle, and monuments and museums devoted to its struggles - and the extraordinaryrvival of Poland - can be seen everywhere.
Cracow - the former royal capital is a living laboratory of architecture over the centuries. Admired by artists all over the world. The almost perfectly preserved Gothic core proudly bears the outlays of the Renaissance, Baroque and Art Nouveau, a record of flavors that has evolved over the centuries.
Food warming the heart
If you feel the need to cook well at home, just like your grandmother did, you've come to the right place. Polish food is based largely on local ingredients such as pork, cabbage, mushrooms, beets and onions, combined in a simple and refined to perfection. Regional specialties, such as duck, goose and trout, make things boring. When it comes to sweets, it's hard to imagine a more favorable place. Cakes with cream, apple strudel, pancakes, fruit dumplings and a special ice cream mania (ice cream) can skip the main course and jump straight to the main event.
Ian will choose the most suitable and inspiring subjects to draw. Each session will cater for varying standards of ability and confidence. You will be stimulated throughout the workshops by stories and little demo sketches to make the experience more rewarding and stimulating.
This workshop is being arranged through followtuscany.com Karolina will follow up on all questions about the workshop, accommodations, activities, coordinate arrivals and departures, food issues and all other details .Karolina will handle all booking arrangements, all enquiries, and receive the payments of deposit and balance from the students directly. Contact: Karolina Lenart
Telephone: +39 3455809974 or +48 880876413
To book your spot we require : 500Euro of deposit.
Included in the cost of your workshop in Poland:
-Accommodations in Krakow Old Center hotel****
- tuition fees
-All excursions, entrances, activities
-Breakfasts,Lunches,Dinners in restaurants.
-Airport transfers and local transportation
Flights to and from Kraków
1 Lunch on own
1 Dinner on your own
* Ian exclusive limited edition giclee print as a gift
YOUR NON PAINTING PARTNERS CAN JOIN BUT PRICE FOR THIS WORKSHOP REMAIN THE SAME.
*** LUNCH AND DINNERS INCLUDE BEER AND OTHER SOFT DRINKS