Tuscany with Nancy Ellen Thompson
With Nancy E.Thompson
At Lucca - Tuscany
15 October - 25 October, 2024
Teaching art is a way of life for Nancy also a best therapy in this imprevedibile times. She believe that anyone who wants to learn can do it. She teach all levels...beginner classes to master class. Teaching accomplished artists is particularly exciting because it allows help to help others find ways to keep their work fresh and evolving.
- Wine Tasting in local bio-dynamic winery
- Puccini concert in a Romanesque church followed by 5 course dinner in Restaurant
- Day trip to Lucca , Volterra , Lerici , Pietrasanta ,Florence.
- Cooking Lesson with personal Chef
- Glamorous Tuscan farewell dinners with local wine selection
- Healing massages
- The ancient technique of applying gold leaf to artwork is brought to life at Vino & Vinci with this short, inter-active workshop. Guests will be welcomed with a glass of prosecco and pastries as we introduce the history of the gold leaf process.
- Pizza festival-learn how to do Italian pizza.
Day by Day Workshop Schedule
- Day 1: Benvenuti! Group will be picked up from Pisa airport at 4:00pm or Lucca Station at 4:45pm. Arrival, unpack, settle in , time to rest and refresh. Around 6:00pm Welcome gathering with Nancy and Karolina, and introduction to our day-to-day schedule, workshop plan, goals, and challenges. Dinner – ,,Viva Toscana ,, dinner by Our Chef.
- Day 2: ecovery Day...Continental breakfast 9:00am - time to relax and enjoy surroundings - first instructional session with Nancy. Lunch at 1:00 pm , Post lunch time to relax, 4:30pm Cooking Class for the group. Non-cooks massage with Charlotte. Dinner 7:00pm
- Day 3: Breakfast at 8:30am.Introducion to Lucca - We start the day in our Art store:) Later a guided 1,5h walking tour. Time to shop,explore more ,Lunch on own ,Meeting 3:00pm for Palazzo Pfanner visit -museum of art and artifacts.Back home for dinner.
- Day 4: Home day! Breakfast at 8:30am followed by session with Nancy around gardens. Lunch at 1:00 pm . Afternoon departure for bio-dynamic wine tasting-truly magical experience.Back home for dinner with private Chef.
- Day 5: Breakfast 8.00. Time to explore a bit of Liguria! 09:00am: A day trip to Lerici beautiful costal town – Boat tour upon arrival , shop, explore , Lunch on own. Return home 4:30pm time to rest or read a book with glass of wine. Dinner 7:00 pm.
- Day 6: Home/Lucca day: Breakfast at 8:30am followed by session with Nancy around villa. Lunch at 1:00pm. Post lunch it is time to relax. In the afternoon - 4:00pm back to Lucca for more exploration and Puccini concert in a Romanesque church, dinner at our favourite restaurant.
- Day 7: Home /Pietrasanta day. Breakfast at 8:30am followed by session with Nancy around villa. Lunch at 1:00pm, Post Lunch we will departure to Pietrasanta-a small city famous from Sculpture & art. Visit in marble studio & gallery , Later We will walk to the church to See Fernando Botero painting,later You can shop,enjoy coffe and gelato on the beautiful square,Dinner in one of the local trattoria.
- Day 8: Breakfast at 8:30am, day trip to Volterra – a beautiful medival town in Tuscany. It's one of Tuscany's most evocative hill towns. It is time to shop, explore and relax on own (with city map in hand). Lunch on own, Return home at 5:30pm. Dinner at 7:00pm by Chef Karolina
- Day 9: Florence day! Start the day in the studio of art -create a ,,Gold leaf,,souvenir with Heiley & Victoria .Explore food market,old town ,Lunch on own ,shopping time.Back home for dinner .
- Day 10: The last day of workshop! You’ll start the day with breakfast at 8:30am. The group will finish their art works. After lunch at 1pm, there’ll be time to pack, relax, and rest. Later in the afternoon, we’ll create a gallery with all of your works! You’ll enjoy this with a spritz and casual spuntini. At 7pm there’ll be a glamorous gala dinner offering the best Tuscan cuisine. You’ll have a five-course meal prepared by our chef along with homemade Verbencello.
- Day 11: Departure day- Breakfast at 8:30am. After breakfast (10.00am), the group will be taken to Lucca train station or Pisa airport.
Course Cost: 4099 Euro
About the Artist
Teaching art is a way of life for me. I'm always a teacher, and always a student, even when I'm not in a classroom setting. I believe that anyone who wants to learn to paint, can do it. I teach all levels...beginner classes to master class. I love introducing sketching and painting to new artists because it is a pleasure to see how surprised they are by their own talent. Teaching accomplished artists is particularly exciting because it allows me to help others find ways to keep their work fresh and evolving.
Traveling with my art and my husband, Dick Thompson, is a large part of my life. I have lived in Suriname, South America and traveled to Switzerland, Italy, Belgium, England, Germany, Ireland, Greece and France. I regularly travel the United States teaching workshops.
I attended Columbia International University in Columbia, South Carolina and have two daughters, two granddaughters and two grandsons (not surprisingly, all of them are artists). I'm a South Carolina native, but now I divide my time between my home near Solomon's Island, Maryland and my studio on the eastern shore in Snow Hill, Maryland
Your Tuscan Experience
Our 10-day courses are held at the beautiful Villa Sole, on the idyllic Ciciana hill overlooking the city of Lucca. Tuscany is one of Italy’s most cherished regions. Its beautiful countryside is reminiscent of the landscapes of Renaissance masterpieces.
Along with rolling hills and vineyards, it also offers a rich artistic heritage including exquisite art and architecture – not forgetting premium wines and delicious cuisine. Set between the blue-green Apennine Mountains and the turquoise Tyrrhenian Sea, Tuscanyis the heart and soul of Italy. Known and loved for its splendid landscapes, charming low hills, olive groves, vineyards, and beautiful old farmhouses, Tuscany is the ideal location for any artist. The weather in Tuscany in October is wonderful, with sunny days and colder nights. The air is clearer than in the hot summer months, making for excellent views and great painting weather.
Your days will be divided between painting at home with Nancy and daytime excursions to local points of interest where you will have your painting sessions and time to discover Tuscany. As an immersive cultural experience, we also offer activities including a classical Puccini concert, cooking class with our Chef who specialises in Tuscan cuisine, and wine tasting in our favourite local vineyards. These are only a few of our many close-by attractions.
Included in the cost of your workshop in Tuscany:
• All tuition fees
• All excursions
• All activities
• Airport transfers and local transportation including day trips to Lucca, Barga, Portovenere and Volterra
• All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with wine (excluding 3 lunches out)
- Flights to and from Pisa
- 4 lunches :Lucca, Volterra,Cinque Terre , Florence
This workshop is being arranged through followyoursensesintuscany.com.
Karolina will follow up on all questions about the workshop, accommodations, activities, coordinate arrivals and departures, food issues and all other details. Karolina will handle all booking arrangements, all enquiries, and receive the payments of deposit and balance from the students directly.
Contact: Karolina Lenart
Telephone: +39 3455809974 or +48 880876413
FOR YOUR COMFORT , WE ORGANIZE INDIVIDUAL TRANSFER FROM/TO PISA AIRPORT OR LUCCA/PISA TRAIN STATION TO/FROM OUR VILLA.