Capture Tuscany with FRANK EBER
With Frank Eber
At Lucca, Italy
20 September - 30 September, 2024
Bring your skills to a higher level! MORE DETAILS COMING SOON!!!
- Intensive instruction by Frank
- Best Italian food and wine during entire stay
- Day trip to Lucca , Lerici, Viareggio, Pietrasanta,Barga
- Cooking Lesson with personal Chef
- Classical concert in a Romanesque church
- Glamorous Tuscan farewell dinner
Day by Day Workshop Schedule
- Day 1: The arrival day! Group will be picked up from Pisa/Florence airport or Lucca Station. Arrival, unpack, settle in Villa , time to rest. Around 6:00pm- welcome gathering with Frank and Karolina on day-to-day schedule and workshop plan, goals, and challenges. Dinner – best of Italian cuisine, dinner made by our Chef.
- Day 2: Home day! Recovery Day… Breakfast at 9:00am then time to relax and enjoy surrounds - first instructional session with Frank. Lunch under Pergola at 1:00pm prepared by our chef. Post lunch it is time to relax, take a walk and paint! . Dinner prepared by our villa Chef at 7:00pm
- Day 3: Breakfast at 7.30am , just after breakfast departure to the medieval town of Pietrasanta, known as the “City of Artists,” has deep roots in Italy’s legacy of art and sculpture. Session with Frank.Afterwards departure to Viareggio for picnic lunch on the molo for fried sea food and prosecco, time on own to explore and shop until 4.30-5pm , back home for pizza party:)
- Day 4: Home day! Breakfast at 8:30am followed by session with Frank around a beautiful old house and the valley view . Lunch at 2:00pm. Time to relax , around 4.30, the group will enjoy cooking lesson and prepare dinner for everyone. 7:00pm- opportunity for non-cooks of massage (on own cost) by our specialized masseuse.
- Day 5: 08.30am: Breakfast, 09.30am: Introduction to Lucca -walk around to find perfect location.Session with the teacher. After- time for lunch and shopping own with a map in your hand. 6.00pm- Back home for dinner at the villa.
- Day 6: Home day! Breakfast at 8:30am followed by session around villa. Lunch at 1:00pm . Post lunch it is time to relax. 3:00pm Back to Lucca for more painting or exploring. 7.00pm- Classical concert, dinner in our favourite restaurant. Back home 11.00pm
- Day 7: En route day! 8.30am - Breakfast and Departure to Ponte Del Diavolo for Painting session(approx 3h). The bridge at Borgo a Mozzano, called "The Devil's Bridge" or the "Maddalena Bridge" is certainly the most beautiful bridge in the province of Lucca, and one of the most suggestive in Italy. Many legends were born from its mysterious construction and its singular design, with one large arch flanked by three smaller ones, inspired the works of many artists. Lunch on own in Barga. Free time to explore this beautiful little town. Departure at 5:00pm , back home for dinner.
- Day 8: Breakfast at 8:30am followed by painting instruction by Frank and capturing the countryside . Lunch at 1:00pm. Post lunch it’s time to relax. Around 4.00pm, the group will depart for wine tasting in best Bio-Dynamic winery. At 7:00pm, back home for dinner.
- Day 9: Time to explore Liguria! 09.00am- After Breakfast a day trip to Lerici – beautiful costal town on the Ligurian sea.Session with Frank , lunch on Your own with time to explore . Return home at 4.30pm. Dinner at 7.00pm
- Day 10: The last day of workshops! You’ll start the day with breakfast at 8:30am. The group will finish their art works. After lunch at 1.00pm, there’ll be time to pack, relax, and rest. Later in the afternoon, we’ll create a gallery with all of your artworks! You’ll enjoy this with a spritz and casual spuntini. At 7.00pm there’ll be a glamorous dinner offering the best Tuscan cuisine.Dinner prepared by our chef along with homemade verbencello.
- Day 11: Departure day☹ Breakfast at 8:30am. After breakfast, the group will be taken to Lucca train station or Pisa airport.
Course Cost: 3899 Euro
Frank Eber works in a direct, loose style influenced by the Old World masters. Typical in his art are color mixes and light that evoke nostalgia while remaining absolutely in the present. Frank's oil workshops reach beyond technique, encouraging individual expression and observing the elusive balance of forces that create beauty in painting.
All levels are welcome but students should have an understanding of the oil medium and of simple one point perspective.
Frank stresses a solid foundation in the basics, “…so that our focus is on creating timeless art. An emotional link is necessary in our work, as well as the connection to the vibrancy of everything we paint.”
ABOUT THE ARTIST:
Frank is an award-winning artist and Signature member of the American Impressionist Society (AIS), the American Watercolor Society (AWS) and the National Watercolor Society (NWS). He is a juried Artist member of the prestigious California Art Club
Focus is on painting on location (weather permitting). Selection of subject matter, editing, value sketches, step by step instruction with lots of one-on-one time.
This workshop is being arranged through followtuscany.com. Karolina will follow up on all questions about the workshop, accommodations, activities, coordinate arrivals and departures, food issues and all other details.She will handle all booking arrangements, all enquiries, and receive the payments of deposit and balance from the students directly.
Telephone: +39 3455809974 or +48 880876413
Included in the cost of your workshop in Tuscany:
- All tuition fees
- All excursions
- All activities
- Airport transfers and local transportation including day trips to Lucca, Viareggio, Pietrasanta,Lerici , Barga.
- All breakfasts lunches and dinners in the program
- The use of folding chairs and easels
- Flights to and from Pisa
- 2 lunches (Lucca,Barga)
- Painting supplies