The many shades of Scotland
With Nancy E.Thompson
At Scotland, UK
23 June - 03 July, 2024
Welcome to Scotland. The land of virgin landscapes, wild nature, beautiful islands, castles, best seafood in the world and… whisky! Stand with your feet among the glens and lochs that inspired artists such as Alexander Naysmith. Embarking on your own all inclusive trip to Scotland armed with a sketchbook and a camera. It is a lifetime opportunity to get to know Scotland closer with all the most beautiful corners of this magical country and unpredictable weather.
- Watercolor painting and sketching lessons by Nancy
- Discover castles, monuments and historcal signs
- Experience the unpredictable weather
- Visit places we know only from stories and movies- Edinburgh, Stirling, Luss, Glen Coe, Glasgow
- Taste the famous Scotch from the smallest and best distilleries
- Learn about Scottish food and customs from a Masterchef finalist
Day by Day Workshop Schedule
- Day 1: Arrival, transfer from the airport to the house. Time to unpack and relax. Traditional Scottish welcome dinner and drinks. Introduction to the workshop and schedule with Nancy and the team. Dinner served at 8pm.
- Day 2: Breakfast at 9am. Morning session with Nancy, Lunch at 12.30pm followed by a cyanotype workshop with Dominika Allan 2-4pm. We learn about the history of cyanotype, how to proper paper/fabric and what type of flowers/herbs/plants to use. Afternoon full of blue art! Earl Gray tea and cake served at 4pm. Time to relax, take a walk. Dinner in the house.
- Day 3: Breakfast at 9am. Morning session with Nancy. 11.30am-Afternoon trip to a stunning fishing village on the east coast of Scotland. Traditional fish and chips and a glass of white wine at 2pm. Free time will 5pm (pick up). You can take a walk or sketching session on the beach. Back to the house at 6pm. Dinner at 8pm.
- Day 4: Breakfast at 9am. After breakfast will take a stroll around the estate (approx 1-1.5h) after returning to the House we will take part in aromatherapy workshop by Sorores Aromatherapy. We learn basics about essential and carrier oils and will make facial/massage oils. Light lunch. At 3pm we will gather for a British wine and local beer testing. Will match our drinks with local cheese. Dinner at 8pm
- Day 5: 7.30 Breakfast, day trip to Edinburgh (8.30am departure). Explore Edinburgh Castle, National Museum, Royal Mill- shopping time, lunch on own, home for dinner. 3 hour guided tour by David Cameron- break for a tradition ‘ale’ beer in 300 years old pub. Back home for 6pm. Relax. Dinner at 7pm
- Day 6: 7.30 Breakfast, day trip to Stirling (8.30am departure). Explore the Medieval Castle, the National Wallace Monument. Free time for lunch on own, Back to Manor Estate, early evening aperitif in the garden (weather permitted). Dinner at 7.30pm
- Day 7: Late Breakfast 9pm. Day in the Manor Estate. Painting lesson, light Lunch. Carrot Cake + tea in the garden. Afternoon cooking lesson (3-5pm) from 2021 Masterchef finalist Jilly McCord followed by canopies, champagne and dinner cooked by the chef. Dinner served at 6.30/7pm
- Day 8: Early Breakfast 7am or packed breakfast. Glen Coe trip. We will leave the house at 7.30am. The most magnificent vies of glens, lochs and Highlands! Painting session followed by lunch of pie and pint at 1pm, home for late diner. Lots of stops on the way to Glen Coe and on the way back. Late dinner at 8pm
- Day 9: Lazy morning, Brunch at 10am followed by a day of painting/ drawing/ possible massage. Will have a traditional afternoon tea at 2pm - Queens’s Party! with gin and tonic or pimps and lemonade. Time to go for a walk, sketching. Dinner at 7pm.
- Day 10: Last day. Breakfast at 8.30m. After Breakfast trip to Glasgow. Time on own- perfect little town for souvenir shopping or afternoon of sketching. Will meet at 3pm. After return- Time to enjoy last session with Nancy in Manor Estate, look at all artwork created in Scotland. Dinner and whisky testing at 7pm
- Day 11: Departure day . Breakfast at 8am and airport transfer at 10am.
Course Cost: 4699$
Are you ready to join Nancy and Follow your Senses team in Scotland? After a sold out 2022 course Nancy is returning to UK and she can't wait for you to join her. This course is perfect for a complete beginners who enjoy watercolour painting and sketching. Our 10 days in Scotland will be filled with activities such as day trips, beer and cheese tasting, whisky distillery tour, historical guided tours, well-being workshops, cooking classes by a UK Masterchef finalist... and many more!
We can't wait to show you the most magnificent places, let you try the best British food and taste many gins and tonics :-)
Scotland is waiting for you to be discover! Pack your rain coat and sunglasses and join us!
About the Artist
Teaching art is a way of life for me. I'm always a teacher, and always a student, even when I'm not in a classroom setting. I believe that anyone who wants to learn to paint, can do it. I teach all levels...beginner classes to master class. I love introducing sketching and painting to new artists because it is a pleasure to see how surprised they are by their own talent. Teaching accomplished artists is particularly exciting because it allows me to help others find ways to keep their work fresh and evolving.
Traveling with my art and my husband, Dick Thompson, is a large part of my life. I have lived in Suriname, South America and traveled to Switzerland, Italy, Belgium, England, Germany, Ireland, Greece and France. I regularly travel the United States teaching workshops.
I attended Columbia International University in Columbia, South Carolina and have two daughters, two granddaughters and two grandsons (not surprisingly, all of them are artists). I'm a South Carolina native, but now I divide my time between my home near Solomon's Island, Maryland and my studio on the eastern shore in Snow Hill, Maryland
Included in the cost of your workshop in Scotland:
• All tuition fees
• All excursions
• All activities
• Airport transfers and local transportation including day trips to Edinburgh, Glasgoww, Stirling, Glen Coe
• All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with wine (excluding 2 lunches out)
- Flights to and from Scotland
- 2 luches (Glasgow and Edinburgh)
This workshop is being arranged through followyoursensesintuscany.com.
Karolina will follow up on all questions about the workshop, accommodations, activities, coordinate arrivals and departures, food issues and all other details. Karolina will handle all booking arrangements, all enquiries, and receive the payments of deposit and balance from the students directly.
Contact: Karolina Lenart
Telephone: +39 3455809974 or +48 880876413