Scotland in watercolor painting with Dori Beth
With Dori Beth
At Scotland, UK
17 July - 27 July, 2024
ONLY 1 SPOT AVAILABLE! A different way to discover Scotland – book a summer art course in Scotland. You will have many opportunities to exchange your experience with like-minded creative people and learn how to paint and improve your skills with wonderful Dori. Develop your art skills in Scotland’s dramatic landscapes, in the company of like-hearted creative travelers. Learn about Scotland rich history, explore the Highlands and the sea coast Let them all inspire your art!
- Watercolor instruction by Dori
- Stunning accomodation in 17th century Scottish Estate
- Experience the unpredictable weather
- Visit Edinburgh, Stirling, Luss, Glen Coe, Glasgow.. Discover castles, monuments and historcal signs
- Taste the famous Scotch from the smallest and best distilleries
- Learn about Scottish food and customs from a Masterchef finalist
Day by Day Workshop Schedule
- Day 1: Arrival, transfer from the airport to the house. Time to unpack and relax. Traditional Scottish welcome dinner and drinks. Introduction to the workshop and schedule with Dori and the team. Dinner served at 8pm.
- Day 2: Breakfast at 9am. Morning session with Dori, Lunch at 12.30pm followed by a cyanotype workshop with Dominika Allan 2-4pm. We learn about the history of cyanotype, how to proper paper/fabric and what type of flowers/herbs/plants to use. Afternoon full of blue art! Earl Gray tea and cake served at 4pm. Time to relax, take a walk. Dinner in the house.
- Day 3: Breakfast at 9am. Morning session with Dori. 11.30am-Afternoon trip to a stunning fishing village on the east coast of Scotland. Traditional fish and chips and a glass of white wine at 2pm. Free time will 5pm (pick up). You can take a walk or sketching session on the beach. Back to the house at 6pm. Dinner at 8pm.
- Day 4: Breakfast at 9am. After breakfast will take a stroll around the estate (approx 1-1.5h) after returning to the House we will take part in aromatherapy workshop by Sorores Aromatherapy. We learn basics about essential and carrier oils and will make facial/massage oils. Light lunch. At 3pm we will gather for a British wine and local beer testing. Will match our drinks with local cheese. Dinner at 8pm
- Day 5: 7.30 Breakfast, day trip to Edinburgh (8.30am departure). Explore Edinburgh Castle, National Museum, Royal Mill- shopping time, lunch on own, home for dinner. 3 hour guided tour by David Cameron- break for a tradition ‘ale’ beer in 300 years old pub. Back home for 6pm. Relax. Dinner at 7pm
- Day 6: 7.30 Breakfast, day trip to Stirling and whisky distillery (8.30am departure). Explore the Medieval Castle, the National Wallace Monument. Free time for lunch on own, Back to Manor Estate, early evening aperitif in the garden (weather permitted). Dinner at 7.30pm
- Day 7: Late Breakfast 9pm. Day in the Manor Estate. Painting lesson, light Lunch. Carrot Cake + tea in the garden. Afternoon cooking lesson (3-5pm) from 2021 Masterchef finalist Jilly McCord followed by canopies, champagne and dinner cooked by the chef. Dinner served at 6.30/7pm
- Day 8: Early Breakfast 7am or packed breakfast. Glen Coe trip. We will leave the house at 7.30am. The most magnificent vies of glens, lochs and Highlands! Painting session followed by lunch of pie and pint at 1pm, home for late diner. Lots of stops on the way to Glen Coe and on the way back. Late dinner at 8pm
- Day 9: Lazy morning, Brunch at 10am followed by a day of painting/ drawing/ possible massage. Will have a traditional afternoon tea at 2pm - Queens’s Party! with gin and tonic or pimps and lemonade. Time to go for a walk, sketching. Dinner at 7pm.
- Day 10: Last day. Breakfast at 8.30m. After Breakfast trip to Glasgow. Time on own- perfect little town for souvenir shopping or afternoon of sketching. Will meet at 3pm. After return- Time to enjoy last session with Dori in Manor Estate, look at all artwork created in Scotland. Dinner and whisky testing at 7pm
- Day 10: Departure day . Breakfast at 8am and airport transfer at 10am.
Course Cost: £4699
ABOUT THE ARTIST :
I PAINT WHAT I FIND INSPIRATION IN! I paint almost every day. It centres me and gives me joy. These paintings are based on photos I take from my travels and just whatever I see that is striking in everyday life. My original paintings celebrate color and the process of water and pigment interacting. I make some of these originals available for sale (the ones I need to part with to make room on my easel for more). Please know that when you chose to buy an original it is one-of-a-kind and from a creative place in my heart.
Learn more about Dori Beth :
Welcome to Scotland. The land of virgin landscapes, wild nature, beautiful islands, castles, best seafood in the world and… whisky! Stand with your feet among the glens and lochs that inspired artists such as Alexander Naysmith. Embarking on your own all inclusive trip to Scotland armed with a sketchbook and a camera. It is a lifetime opportunity to get to know Scotland closer with all the most beautiful corners of this magical country and unpredictable weather.
Check our beautiful home : http://eastwoodhousedunkeld.com/
This workshop is being arranged through followtuscany.com. Karolina will follow up on all questions about the workshop, accommodations, activities, coordinate arrivals and departures, food issues and all other details.She will handle all booking arrangements, all enquiries, and receive the payments of deposit and balance from the students directly.
Telephone: +393455809974 or
Included in the cost of your workshop in Scotland:
- All tuition fees
- All excursions
- All activities
- Airport transfers and local transportation including day trips to Edinburgh, Stirling, Glen Coe, Glasgow
- All breakfasts lunches and dinners (excluding 2 lunches)
- The use of folding stools
- Flights to and from Scotland
- 2lunches (Edinburgh, Glasgow)
- Painting supplies
Register: To sign up, a non-refundable deposit of 500 -Euro is required. Reserve your place now, so you don't miss out!
Contact Karolina to register: