Tuscan Crochet Retreat with Emma – Oh So Pretty And Clever & Marina – Bloodimaryart Crochet
With Emma & Marina
At Lucca , Tuscany - Villa Vistosa
23 October - 28 October, 2023
Join our crochet experts on this all-inclusive 5-night Tuscan crochet retreat. Indulge in your favourite hobby whilst taking in the best of what Tuscany has to offer. We aim to inspire you through the natural beauty of Italy, envelop your senses with a warm, welcoming atmosphere, awaken your taste buds with delicious home-cooked organic cuisine, and excite you with local culture and extraordinary experiences centred around your love of crochet. Re-ignite your creative spark and nurture your body, mind, and spirit with an abundance of nature, and magnificent views of the Tuscan valley and Italian countryside. All yarns, patterns & daily workshops are included for a truly immersive experience doing the craft that you love with like-minded people.
- Daily crochet workshops with Emma & Marina
- Beautiful all-inclusive accommodation in a traditional Tuscan Villa on the hills of Lucca
- Coordinated private transportation
- A range of tailored crochet projects with instruction and guidance
- A wonderful gift bag including all materials, patterns and extras from our sponsors
- Day trip to Florence and a visit to a charming family run yarn shop
- Personal chef offering freshly prepared gourmet Italian cuisine & wine throughout the entire stay
- Tour of Lucca and the local area
- Wine tasting at a local bio-dynamic winery
- Traditional pizza feast with a private Pizzaiolo
- Puccini concert set in a 13th century Romanesque church followed by delicious dinner at a local restaurant
- Glamorous Tuscan farewell dinner & showcase of projects
Day by Day Workshop Schedule
- Day 1: ● The arrival day! Coordinated private transport will be available from both Pisa and Florence airports between 3 – 5pm. From there you will be taken to our Villa in the heart of the Tuscan Hills to begin your retreat. Once you have unpacked and settled in, we will gather for an introduction and a relaxed afternoon crochet workshop set in one of the many amazing spaces within the villa. Dinner is served around 7 pm and is specially prepared by our own private chef. You will enjoy a 3-course meal with wine, featuring the best of Italian cuisine. All made with fresh local seasonal produce. After dinner, it’s time to really unwind and relax in your amazing home from home for the coming days.
- Day 2: ● Crochet & wine tasting! The morning starts with a wonderful selection of breakfast items that will get you ready for the first session of the day. Weather permitting, we will enjoy an outdoor morning workshop within the villa’s beautiful grounds, amidst breath-taking views of the Lucca Hills. Lunch will be ready for 1 pm and is prepared again by our private chef. After lunch, we will continue with our morning project. At around 4.30 pm we will depart for wine tasting at the beautiful Fabbrica San Martino, a bio-dynamic winery set in 20 hectares of 18th-century Italian estate. Once back at the Villa, a 3-course Tuscan dinner with wine awaits. After a wonderful day, the evening remains your own to continue as you please.
- Day 3: ● Crochet, Lucca & Puccini concert! Breakfast is served at 8.30 am, and our first crochet workshop of the day will follow. The morning’s events will take us to around 12 pm when we will embark on a guided walking tour of Lucca and enjoy lunch within the local area. Visiting Lucca will give you an opportunity to bring your project(s) and/or current WIP along for our afternoon session. Taking in the scenery whilst blissfully crocheting outdoors in one of the town’s picturesque locations. A special evening awaits, with the chance to enjoy a world-renowned Puccini concert within a spectacular Romanesque church. After the concert, we will enjoy dinner at our favourite restaurant in Lucca town and reflect on a truly memorable day.
- Day 4: ● Crochet in Florence & yarn shopping! In preparation for a day of crochet and exploring, your breakfast buffet will be served at 8.30 am. At 9.30 am we will depart on a journey to the vibrant city of Florence for an unforgettable crochet excursion. You will have time to visit some of the most spectacular sights, including the charming yarn shop Campolmi Filati, and enjoy some crochet time in a fabulous location. By early evening we will return to the villa to freshen up and prepare for a delicious handmade pizza feast starting at 7 pm.
- Day 5: ● Crochet & relax! The penultimate day of your crochet retreat will be spent soaking up the surroundings of the Villa. Breakfast will be served at the later time of 9 am today after a busy couple of days out and about. With a morning crochet workshop or your current WIP, everyone will have a chance to feel a great sense of accomplishment and pride in what they have achieved. Lunch will be served by our private chef at 1 pm and will bring us to our final afternoon session together. A relaxed affair, it will focus on achievements, reflection, and winding down after our glorious time away. You will have the opportunity to share your work during our crochet showcase, and exchange stories, hacks, and tips with your peers over prosecco and appetisers. Enjoy the final evening of your retreat with a fantastic dinner fiesta watching the sunset over the hills of Lucca.
- Day 6: ● Departure day! 🙁 A farewell breakfast is served at 8.30 am to set you up for your journey home. You are free to take an early start and enjoy the villa before checking out.
Course Cost: 2850 £
£2850 (per person) twin/sharing room with private bathroom
£3400 (per person) single occupancy with private bathroom
Please note prices are in GBP (£).Payments are accepted in other currencies and are subject to exchange rates at the time of payment.
About your hosts:
Hi!I'm Emma, and I'm the founder of Oh So Pretty And Clever, an award-winning, female-led, inclusive provider of crochet courses & retreats.I live in Cheshire, England with my partner, 3 beautiful daughters and 2 cats.I am an absolute crochet addict and am obsessed with squishy yarns and beautiful textures!I can't go a day without picking up my hook.
I have been crocheting for around 15 years and teaching this wonderful craft since 2019.
Since the launch of my crochet workshops and retreats I have been honoured to receive several awards and accolades, as well as great reviews.This has given me the encouragement to develop Oh So Pretty And Clever further and embark on this amazing journey with Marina.
I really enjoy teaching crochet and have a patience I never imagined I had (or so I'm told!)I take great care to include everyone at every level throughout my retreats and pride myself on my inclusivity policy that creates a safe space for everyone to enjoy regardless of your experience or background.
My WIP pile is massive, and my yarn stash is ridiculous, but I know that if you're reading this, you can probably relate!
Hello, I'm Marina, the Crochet Designer and natural fiber enthusiast behind Bloodimaryart!
At some point in my life, I got itchy feet and decided to explore the world: I have been working andtravellingin different countries for the past 5 years, mostly in Spain, Australia, France and Southeast Asia.
Crochet has become my medium for creative self-expression, the way in which I manifest my ideas, imagination, beliefs and values.
I always try to channel my experiences and learnings into my crafting, showing my personality through my own eclectic style.
I started designing one-of-a-kind crochet patterns at the end of 2019, mainly creating designs for the English crochet community and selling crochet pieces. During the years I became a crochet teacher, opened a YouTube Channel where I share free tutorials and tips about this craft and began collaborating with yarn brands and crochet magazines.
Organising a crochet retreat was a big dream of mine and I’m so grateful to have met Emma on my path. I can’t wait to meet you all!
Your Tuscan crochet retreat includes:
●5 nights all-inclusive luxury villa accommodation with private bathroom per room.
● Privat chef.
●All meals - buffet breakfast, 2-course lunch & 3-course dinner.
● Unlimited teas, coffee, water, & juices, plus wines with meals.
● All crochet workshops & excursions with our expert tutors & designers.
● A wonderful gift bag containing some amazing yarns, plus all other materials and patterns to complement the retreat projects.
● Wine tasting excursion at the beautiful Fabbrica San Martino bio-dynamic winery.
● A guided tour of Lucca with a scenic outdoor crochet session.
● Tickets to the renowned Puccini concert within a spectacular Romanesque church.
● Dinner at our favourite restaurant in Lucca after the concert.
● A day excursion to Florence.
● Visit to the most charming local yarn shop in Florence.
● Outdoor 'city crochet' in Florence.
● Traditional handmade pizza dinner party at the Villa.
● Crochet showcase with prosecco & appetisers.
● Fiesta gala dinner on the final evening.
● Coordinated pick up & drop off from & to Pisa airport, Florence airport or Lucca train station.
●Flights/travel to Florence/Pisa/Lucca
Please note that unfortunately, due to the age of the farmhouse villa, it is currently not wheelchair accessible.
It is recommended that you fly into Pisa airport as our transportation for the retreat will be coordinated from there between 3 – 5 pm. We can also arrange transportation from Florence airport and Lucca train station if necessary.
Departure is scheduled for 10am. Please make sure your return travel is coordinated with this departure schedule and travelling time.
Bookings are managed directly with Oh So Pretty And Clever and can be placed by following the link below:
If you have any questions, please contact us or visit
This workshop is being arranged through followtuscany.com Karolina will follow up on all questions about the workshop, accommodations, activities, coordinate arrivals and departures, food issues and all other details.She will handle all booking arrangements, all enquiries, and receive the payments of deposit and balance from the students directly.
Karolina or Dawid Lenart
Telephone: +39 3455809974