Under the Tuscan Sky with Cynthia Young
With Cynthia Young
21 May - 31 May, 2024
In this workshop we will look back at the beloved Impressionists. By studying the old masters, we will identify themes and utilize techniques from the era of Van Gogh and Monet. With guided instruction, you will learn how to make paintings inspired by some of the greatest artists to have lived. Join us in creating lively depictions of beautiful olive groves, sweeping landscapes, and ocean vistas. Being submerged in the lush Italian landscape, inspiration will be overflowing and you will acquire skills to immortalize your experience. If you have never painted before and would like to, or if you have painted for years and would like to pick up new and useful techniques, you are welcome and are sure to walk away with a new level of confidence in your art. With the use of watercolor and egg tempera, we will have an explorative journey highlighting ancient methods. Our main goal is to have fun while learning new methods. Cheers students, can’t wait to see you there!
- Instructions by Cynthia
- Beautiful accomodation and Gourmet food & wine
- Day excrusions to Lucca , Pietrasanta , San Gimignano , Portovenere.
- Cultural activities : Classical Puccini concert ,Wine tasting ,Cooking class, Pizza Making .
- Private transportation
Day by Day Workshop Schedule
- Day 1: The arrival day! Group will be picked up from Pisa/Florence airport or Lucca Station at 3:00-5:00 pm. Arrival, unpack, settle in the Villa, time to rest. Around 17:30, Welcome gathering with Cynthia and Karolina including day-to-day schedule and workshop plan, goals, and challenges. Dinner – Karolina’s favourite Tuscan delights.
- Day 2: Day 2 Morning recovery… Late breakfast at 9.00am. Time to relax and enjoy surrounds - first instructional session . Limoncello making lesson. Lunch under Pergola at 1:00pm prepared by our Chef. Post lunch, it’s time to relax , 4.30pm back to painting. Dinner served at 7.00pm
- Day 3: Day 3 08.30am: Breakfast, 09.30am: Introduction to Lucca, visit in our art store , walking tour with the guide (1,5h). After the tour- time for lunch, shopping or more explore with a map in your hand. 5:00pm- Back home for dinner.
- Day 4: Day 4 Breakfast at 8:30-10:30am, followed by session with Cynthia , lunch home 1:00pm ,Departure 2:30pm for the medieval town of Pietrasanta- known as the “City of Artists,” this lovely town have a deep roots in Italy’s legacy of art and sculpture. Visit in Marble school to see how the sculptures from world famous Carrara marble comes alive , later walk to the church where You can see Fernando Botero paintings ,time on own to enjoy coffee or Gelato,shop and explore . Return home 6:30pm . Dinner prepared by our Chef.
- Day 5: Day 5 Breakfast at 8:30am followed by session with Cynthia around the villa’s gardens. Lunch at 1:00pm. After lunch, time to relax, around 4:00pm departure for the wine tasting with the local bio-dynamic producer,back home for dinner.
- Day 6: Day 6 8:30am breakfast, 10.00 painting instruction with teacher . 1:00pm Lunch under Pergola. Post lunch, back to Lucca for more exploring . 6:45pm meeting for Puccini Concert. Afterwards, dinner in Karolina’s favourite restaurant.
- Day 7: Day 7 breakfast at 8:30am followed by session with teacher around Villa. Lunch at 1:00pm. Post lunch time to relax,take a walk,nap. 5.00pm Cooking class of Tuscan cuisine with Chef Karolina.Dinner 7:30pm
- Day 8: Day 8 breakfast at 8:30-9.30.Day trip to San Gimignano-this is a small walled medieval hill town in the province of Siena. Known as the Town of Fine Towers. After arrival, time to paint with teacher later explore on own with a map in hand. Lunch on own. Return home 4.30pm for pizza party 😊
- Day 9: Day 9 Time to explore Liguria! A day trip to Portovenere – most beautiful coast town with spectacular views. There will be a painting session with teacher , time to shop, explore and relax on own (with a map in your hand). Lunch on own. Return home at 4.30pm. Dinner at 7:00pm.
- Day 10: Day 10 You’ll start the day with breakfast at 8:30am. The group will finish their art works. After lunch at 1:00pm, there’ll be time to pack, relax, and rest. Later in the afternoon, we’ll create a gallery with all of your works! You’ll enjoy this with a spritz and casual spuntini. At 19.00pm there’ll be a glamorous gala dinner offering the best Tuscan cuisine. You’ll have a four-course meal prepared by our Chef along with homemade verbencello.
- Day 11: Day 11 Departure day. ☹ Breakfast at 8:30am. After breakfast, the group will be taken to Lucca train stattion.
Course Cost: 3999 Euro
Your Tuscan Experience
Our 10-day course are held at the beautiful rustic Villa , on the idyllic hill overlooking the city of Lucca.
Tuscany is one of Italy’s best-loved regions. It’s beautiful countryside is reminiscent of the landscapes of Renaissance masterpieces. Along with rolling hills and vineyards, it also offers a rich artistic heritage including exquisite art and architecture – not forgetting premium wines and delicious cuisine.
Set between the blue-green Apennine Mountains and the turquoise Tyrrhenian Sea- Tuscany is the heart and soul of Italy. Known and loved for amazing light, splendid landscapes, charming low hills, olive groves, vineyards, and beautiful old farmhouses, Tuscany is the ideal location for any artist.
This workshop is being arranged through followtuscany.com Karolina will follow up on all questions about the workshop, accommodations, activities, coordinate arrivals and departures, food issues and all other details.She will handle all booking arrangements, all enquiries, and receive the payments of deposit and balance from the students directly.
Telephone: +39 3455809974
Included in the cost of your workshop in Tuscany:
- All tuition fees
- All excursions
- All activities
- Airport transfers and local transportation including day trips to Lucca, Pietrasanta, Portovenere , San Gimignano.
- All breakfasts lunches and dinners (excluding 3 lunches)
- The use of folding stools
- Flights to and from Pisa/Florence
- 3 lunches (Lucca,Portovenere,San Gimignano)
- Painting supplies
It is suggested that you fly into Pisa/Florence airport as our transportation for the workshop will be coordinated from there around 3-5pm. We can also pick up participants from Lucca train station.
Departure is scheduled for 10.00am Please make sure your flight back is coordinated with departure from Villa.
Register: To sign up, a non-refundable deposit of Euro -500 is required. Reserve your place now, so you don't miss out!
Contact Karolina to register: