The Magic of Morocco
With Nancy E.Thompson
At Morocco, Marrakesh
01 April - 10 April, 2023
Uncover Morocco's colourful culture as you explore ancient medinas, spice-filled souks and dramatic Marrakech architecture. Indulge your senses on this 10-day tour which incorporates the historic sights of Essaouira, breathtaking views of the desert and the palaces, tombs and souks of Marrakech. Join Nancy E.Thompson on this all inclusive trip filled with watercolour classes, sightseeing, cooking, tasting and experiencing local cuisine and culture. The Magic of Morocco is waiting for you!
- Discover Moroccan culture and traditions
- Learn new skills during many mini workshops (Calligraphy, Ceramics, perfume making)
- Learn watercolor techniques with Nancy
- Visit Majorelle Garden, the Musée Berbère and the Yves Saint Laurent Museum
- Enjoy a day trip to seaside art town of Essaouira
- Experience Agafa desert on the back of a camel!
- Learn to cook traditional Moroccan dishes
- Hammam -spa treatments , rehabilitation sessions
Day by Day Workshop Schedule
- Day 1: Arrival at Marrakech airport beetween 3-5pm. Transfer to the old town, walk to the riad (a type of traditional Moroccan and Andalusi interior garden or courtyard associated with house and palace architecture). Check- in and a moment of rest. Welcome dinner in riad restaurant , with intro of day to day schedule.
- Day 2: Breakfast 8.30-9.30 followed by traditional Hammam -Spa treatment for body and soul. Lunch in the riad restaurant .Afterwards we will discover Marrakech's old town walking through a maze of narrow streets in search of an old caravan inn, old riads, to learn about the traditional way of life, public water supplies and bread ovens (walking tour with a guide.) In one of the riads we will learn the art of local calligraphy that can be use in Your sketchbooks. Back to riad ,time to rest. Around 6.00 pm Mint tea on the rooftop cafe terrace overlooking the Jemaa el Fna -the most vibrant square in the city with snake charmers,musicians and drummers. Opportunity to taste some of the local specialities. Dinner at the Dar Essalam restaurant with live music and an oriental dancer.
- Day 3: After breakfast, there will be a time for a session with Nancy. Lunch in riad, later on around 2 pm we will walk to the local ceramic artist for a half day workshop. You will be back home with a beautiful souvenir. Dinner in the delicious local restaurant.
- Day 4: Breakfast in the riad, check out from hotel. You will have 2h of free time for shopping or a walk on your own, at 12pm we will meet for lunch and visit art museum in Marrakesh old town.Late afternoon- Drive to Villa-check in ,time to rest, dinner 7pm.
- Day 5: Villa Day. Breakfast at home, Morning session with Nancy around the gardens. Lunch home. Afternoon dedicate for a spa treatments/relax before next day adventure. Later, a drive to a perfumes manufacture – where you can create your own scent. Visit to the little museum of perfumes. Back home for dinner.
- Day 6: Breakfast home, departure to Agafay dessert- You will experience camel ride and learn how to make a real turban! Once in a Life time experience. Dinner in the villa.
- Day 7: After breakfast you will enjoy a cooking class. Our wonderful private chef will reveal to us the secrets of the Moroccan cuisine. We prepare harira soup and traditional tajine on our own. In the afternoon you will join Nancy in the villa garden for another watercolour class. Dinner served at 7pm
- Day 8: After breakfast we drive to Essaouira (the former fortress of the Phoenicians and later the Portuguese), a stunning white and blue architecture, known as the cradle of artists. On the way, you can meet local goats climbing argan trees. A visit to a small, traditional fishing port and to Skala, a stone bastion sunk in the ocean. A stroll through the streets of the medina with numerous workshops of wood craftsmanship in thuja. Lunch together overlooking the ocean, afterwards time on own to shop and explore. A walk on the beautiful, wide and long beach. Essaouira is perfect place to take gorgeous photos. On the return, we will visit a cooperative of women who traditionally produce argan oil. Dinner in the villa.
- Day 9: After breakfast, we will drive to Marrakech. Majorelle Gardens, made famous by Yvs St Laurent. Time to take pictures in the gardens (architecture and nature). We will get to know the second face of Marrakesh, a new city with twentieth-century architecture that combines elements of modernity with Moroccan tradition. Lunch at a local restaurant. In addition, we will discover a street where the Catholic Church is adjacent to the mosque. The two towers look at each other. Perfect view of an image showing the diversity of Morocco. Return to the villa. Gallery of our works with the accompaniment of local delicacies and wine. Time to pack , gala dinner.
- Day 10: Breakfast in the villa and airport transfers.
Course Cost: 4799 Euro
Uncover Morocco's colourful culture as you explore ancient medinas, spice-filled souks and dramatic Marrakech architecture. Indulge your senses on this 10-day tour which incorporates the historic sights of Essaouira, breathtaking views of the desert and the palaces, tombs and souks of Marrakech.
Your Moroccan Experience: Discover the best of Morocco on an adventure to awaken the senses. Like all our workshop this one is an all inclusive experience! The highest quality food, drinks, guided tours and english speaking 24h staff.
The majesty of Morocco is a feast for the senses and is waiting to be explored.
Morocco is waiting for you...
This workshop is being arranged through followtuscany.com Karolina will follow up on all questions about the workshop, accommodations, activities, coordinate arrivals and departures, food issues and all other details.She will handle all booking arrangements, all enquiries, and receive the payments of deposit and balance from the students directly.
Telephone: +39 3455809974
Included in the cost of your workshop in Tuscany:
- All tuition fees
- All excursions
- All activities
- Airport transfers and local transportation including day trips to Essaouira
- All breakfasts lunches and dinners
- Flights to and from Marrakesh
- Painting supplies