THE MAGIC OF TUSCANY
With Dori Beth
At Lucca, Italy
17 July - 27 July, 2023
I am so thrilled and excited for a 10 day get away to Tuscany ! Come paint with me under the magical Tuscan sun. We will stay at a 400 year old villa, where everywhere you look is a painting waiting for you to create! Each day we will dine on original Italian cuisine that inspires anyone’s “palette.” We will have many excursions and adventures to explore the Regional countryside and towns. Visiting the village with the Bay of Poets, a seaside village, a town of towers all to entice creativity. I will teach four , 3 hour sessions, where I do demos and assist each students to help them complete 2 paintings to take home. You will learn a number of techniques working with watercolors. In Lucca there is a wonderful little art store that only an artist can appreciate. Beginners and advance students will be inspired beyond their wildest imagination in the atmosphere of romantic Tuscany. This is an adventure that you will draw upon for the rest of your life!
- Watercolor instruction by Dori
- Beautiful accommodation in traditional Tuscan Villa on the hills of Lucca
- Private English speaking driver
- Personal Chef offering best Italian cuisine
- Lucca, San Gimignano, Portovenere day trips
- Beach day in Viareggio with Seafood & prosecco picnic.
- Tuscan cooking lesson with personal Chef
- Wine Tasting in local bio dynamic winery
- Puccini Concert in a Romanesque church with dinner in restaurant
- Glamorous Tuscan farewell dinner with art gallery
Day by Day Workshop Schedule
- Day 1: The arrival day! Group will be picked up from Pisa airport or Lucca Station between 4-5pm. Arrival, unpack, settle in Villa, time to rest. Around 6pm, welcome gathering with Dori and Karolina including day-to-day schedule and workshop plan, goals, and challenges. Dinner – Karolina’s favorite Tuscan delights.
- Day 2: Home day! Morning recovery…breakfast 9.00am. Time to relax and enjoy surrounds - first instructional session with Dori. Lunch at 1pm under Pergola prepared by our chef. Post lunch is time to start Verbencello :) Our secret recipe limoncello with verbena leaves. Afternoon time to paint under the pergola. 6pm cocktail hour with Italian spuntini. 7pm dinner in ,,La Scuola” our home dinning area.
- Day 3: Breakfast at 8:30am-9.30am. 10.00am departure : time to explore Lucca! 2h walking tour with our guide , after time on own for more exploring, shopping (with a map in your hand). Lunch on Your own. Back home at 4.30pm. Dinner prepared by our Chef.
- Day 4: Home day! Breakfast at 8:30am followed by session with Dori around the villa gardens. Lunch at 1pm. After lunch time to relax, paint take a nap. At 4.30pm the group will enjoy cooking lesson and prepare dinner for everyone for 7pm. If You don’t like to cook you can take a massage (on own cost) by our specialized masseuse Charlotte.
- Day 5: 8:30am breakfast, afterwards session with Dori. 1pm Lunch under Pergola provided by Chef Luciana. Post Lunch excrusion to Fabbrica San Martino for bio Biodynamic wine tasting with the owner Giuseppe. Back home for dinner.
- Day 6: Breakfast at 8:30 day trip to San Gimignano a small walled medieval hill town in the province of Siena. Known as the Town of Fine Towers. After arrival, time to explore on own with a map in hand. Lunch on own. Return home 5pm for pizza festival at villa.
- Day 7: Breakfast 8.30am. Departure to Viareggio for beach day! - make sure to take a swimming suit with you. Lunch : Picnic seafood lunch with prosecco . Back home around 5pm. Dinner home served by Chef Luciana.
- Day 8: Time to explore Liguria! A day trip to Portovenere – most beautiful coast town with spectacular views. Time to explore, shop and relax on own (with a map in hand). 1h fun boat trip around island to photograph the beauty from the sea perspective. Lunch on own. Return home at 5.00pm. Dinner by Chef Karolina 7pm.
- Day 9: Brunch at 11.00am after time to finish on Verbencello :) Time to rest, take a walk or work on your painting. Back to Lucca around 2pm. Time for more shopping and exploring. Meeting for Puccini concert at 6.45pm. Dinner in Our favourite restaurant with Chef Carlo. Back home around 10pm.
- Day 10: You’ll start the day with breakfast at 8:30am. The group will finish their art works. After lunch at 1pm, there’ll be time to pack, relax, and rest. Later in the afternoon, we’ll create a gallery with all of your works! You’ll enjoy this with a prosecco and our special Selva snack. At 7pm there’ll be a glamorous gala dinner offering the best Tuscan cuisine. You’ll have a meal prepared by our chef alongside homemade verbencello.
- Day 11: Departure day. ☹ Breakfast at 8:30am. After breakfast, the group will be taken to Lucca train station or Pisa airport.
Course Cost: 3599Euro
ABOUT THE ARTIST :
I PAINT WHAT I FIND INSPIRATION IN! I paint almost every day. It centres me and gives me joy. These paintings are based on photos I take from my travels and just whatever I see that is striking in everyday life. My original paintings celebrate color and the process of water and pigment interacting. I make some of these originals available for sale (the ones I need to part with to make room on my easel for more). Please know that when you chose to buy an original it is one-of-a-kind and from a creative place in my heart.
Your Tuscan Experience
Our 10-day courses are held at the beautiful old farmhouse , on the idyllic historical hill overlooking the city of Lucca.
Tuscany is one of Italy’s best-loved regions. Its beautiful countryside is reminiscent of the landscapes of Renaissance masterpieces. Along with rolling hills and vineyards, it also offers a rich artistic heritage including exquisite art and architecture – not forgetting premium wines and delicious cuisine.
Set between the blue-green Apennine Mountains and the turquoise Tyrrhenian Sea, Tuscany is the heart and soul of Italy. Known and loved for amazing light, splendid landscapes, charming low hills, olive groves, vineyards, and beautiful old farmhouses, Tuscany is the ideal location for any artist.
As an immersive cultural experience, we also offer activities including a classical Puccini concert, cooking class with our Chef who specializes in Tuscan cuisine, wine tasting in our favourite local vineyards.These are only a few of our many close-by attractions.
Learn more about Dori Beth :
This workshop is being arranged through followtuscany.com. Karolina will follow up on all questions about the workshop, accommodations, activities, coordinate arrivals and departures, food issues and all other details.She will handle all booking arrangements, all enquiries, and receive the payments of deposit and balance from the students directly.
Telephone: +393455809974 or
Included in the cost of your workshop in Tuscany:
- All tuition fees
- All excursions
- All activities
- Airport transfers and local transportation including day trips to Lucca, Portovenere , San Gimignano.
- All breakfasts lunches and dinners (excluding 3 lunches)
- The use of folding stools
- Flights to and from Pisa
- 3 lunches (Lucca,Portovenere,San Gimignano)
- Painting supplies
It is suggested that you fly into Pisa airport beetween 4-5pm as our transportation for the workshop will be coordinated from there .
Departure is scheduledby 10.00am Please make sure your flight back is coordinated with departure from Villa.
Register: To sign up, a non-refundable deposit of 500 -Euro is required. Reserve your place now, so you don't miss out!
Contact Karolina to register: