Tuscany with Joaquin Gonzalez Dorao
With Joaquin Gonzalez Dorao
At Villa Selva - Lucca
27 October - 03 November, 2021
ALL THE PARTICIPANTS WILL BE FULLY VACCINATED , WE FOLLOW ALL THE COVID MEASURES , THE VILLA IS ON THE COUNTRY SIDE ,ALL THE ACTIVITIES WILL BE PLEIN AIR,THE MEALS WILL KEEP THE SOCIAL DISTANCE. Do your own travel sketchbook about your Tuscany experience! Capture the whole adventure of your trip to Tuscany in your own sketchbook. Not only painting quick simple watercolor sketches, but also adding lettering, maps, icons, texts… and even sticked tickets or flowers! Your sketchbook shouldn’t be just a “photo album”, your travel is a collage of experiences, and so should you personal diary be. Make it unique with the advice of an experienced traveller who has published more than 30 books on his journeys around the world. Tuscany is the perfect scenario to do that travel sketchbook that will be an everlasting memory of this workshop. And sketching on place is the best way to enjoy it, slowly, paying attention to small details that you wouldn’t notice in a photo. Feel the place, taste it and lock it up in your diary, but above all, follow your senses in Tuscany! Joaquin is a native spanish he speak english and french .
- intensive sketching lesson by Jo
- Exploring : Lucca Pisa San Gimignano Pietrasanta Viareggio Portovenere
- Beautiful Accomodation in 400 Years old Villa on the hills of Lucca
- Traditional and delicious food
- All inclusive deal
- Specialy selected activities
Day by Day Workshop Schedule
- Day 1: The arrival day! Group will be picked up from Pisa airport or Lucca Station at 4:00pm. Arrival, unpack, settle in Villa Selva, time to rest. Around 17:30, Welcome gathering with Joaquin and Karolina including day-to-day schedule and workshop plan, goals, and challenges. Dinner – Selva favourite Tuscan delights.
- Day 2: Morning recovery...breakfast 9.00 Time to relax and enjoy surrounds - first instructional session with teacher. Lunch at 13:00 under Pergola prepared by our chef. Post lunch, it’s time to explore Lucca! First warm up sketching session at Piazza San Frediano. After time on own for exploring, shopping (with a map in your hand).. Dinner in Lucca19.00
- Day 3: Breakfast at 8:30am, 10.00 Departure to Viareggio, the main city of the northern Tuscan Riviera area of Versilia. Viareggio began as a medieval fishing village, then later gained renown for its shipbuilding, and is now a popular esort town. Arrival - sketching session with the teacher after time to take a walk and shop on own. 13.00 Meeting for Lunch on promenade for picnic at the beach with Prosecco. 14.00 Departure for the medieval town of Pietrasanta, known as the “City of Artists,” has deep roots in Italy’s legacy of art and sculpture. More opportunity to sketch or enjoy coffee or Gelato. Return home 17.30. Dinner prepared by our Chef.
- Day 4: 8:30am breakfast,10.00 Cooking class of Tuscan Cuisine wih Chef Karolina. Post lunch, back to Lucca for more exploring, afternoon sketching session in beautiful Piazza Amfiteatro. 18.45 meeting for Puccini Concert. Afterwards, dinner in Karolina’s favourite restaurant.
- Day 5: Breakfast at 7:30am, 8.30 day trip to San Gimignano with a sketching lesson. 1h stop in Pisa to sketch the leaning tower. San Gimignano its a small walled medieval hill town in the province of Siena. Known as the Town of Fine Towers.After arrival, time to explore on own with a map in hand.Lunch on own . Return home 17.00 .Later pizza festival at villa 19.00
- Day 6: Time to explore Liguria! A day trip to Portovenere – most beautiful coast town with spectacular views. There will be a sketching session upon arrival and afterwards time to shop, explore and relax on own .We will also enjoy 1h boat tour. Lunch on own .Return home at 17:30. Dinner at 19:00.
- Day 7: You’ll start the day with breakfast at 8:30am. The group will finish their art works. After lunch at 13.00pm, there’ll be time to pack, relax, and rest. Later in the afternoon, we’ll create a gallery with all of your works! You’ll enjoy this with a spritz and casual spuntini. At 19.00pm there’ll be a glamorous gala dinner offering the best Tuscan cuisine. You’ll have a five-course meal prepared by our chef along with homemade verbencello.
- Day 8: Departure day. Breakfast at 8:30am. After breakfast, the group will be taken to Lucca train station or Pisa airport.
Course Cost: 2199€
Everyone should visit Italy at least once in their life. Make 2021 your year to follow your passion and discover the Tuscan countryside, stroll through historic villages, enjoy a cappuccino in Lucca, taste the best sea food in Portovenere , sip a glass of the best Sangiovese wine from the local producer. Wont you come along with us?
Tuscany is waiting...
Included in the cost of your workshop in Tuscany:
All tuition fees
All excursions All activities
Airport transfers and local transportation including day trips to Lucca, Viareggio, Pietrasanta,Portovenere ,San Gimignano
All breakfasts lunches and dinners (excluding 1lunch)
The use of folding chairs
- Painting supplies
This workshop is being arranged through followtuscany.com.
Karolina will follow up on all questions about the workshop, accommodations, activities, coordinate arrivals and departures, food issues and all other details. Karolina will handle all booking arrangements, all enquiries, and receive the payments of deposit and balance from the students directly.
Contact: Karolina Lenart
Telephone: +39 3455809974 or +48 880876413
To register we require security deposit : 350€