Discover Scotland with Nancy Ellen Thompson
With Nancy E.Thompson
08 July - 18 July, 2022
2 SPOTS AVAILABLE!!! Your 10 days experience : Welcome to Scotland. The land of virgin landscapes, wild nature, beautiful islands, castles, best seafood in the world and… whisky! Stand with your feet among the glens and lochs that inspired artists such as Alexander Naysmith. Embarking on your own all inclusive trip to Scotland armed with a sketchbook and a camera. It is a lifetime opportunity to get to know Scotland closer with all the most beautiful corners of this magical country. Scotland has a varied and beautiful landscape.We paint with different daily views; majestic lochs, historic villages, farmlands and the Scottish coastline with endearing fishing villages. About the teacher : Teaching art is a way of life for Nancy. She believe that anyone who wants to learn to paint, can do it. She teach all levels...beginner classes to master class. Nancy love introducing sketching and painting to new artists because it is a pleasure to see how surprised they are by their own talent. Teaching accomplished artists is particularly exciting because it allows help to help others find ways to keep their work fresh and evolving.
- Instructions by Nancy
- Discover the Culture and traditions
- Visit Isle of Arran also known as “Scotland Miniature”
- Experience the unpredictable weather
- Visit places we know only from stories and movies- Edinburgh, Stirling, Loch Lomand, Glen Coe
- Taste the famous Scotch from the smallest and best distilleries
- Enjoy the Gin tasting
- Life music concert
- Cooking class with private Chef
- Afternoon Wellbeing session with Dominika (from Sorores Aromatherapy)
Day by Day Workshop Schedule
- Day 1: 8TH Day 1 : Arrival, transfer from the airport to the Manor Estate, time to unpack and relax.Traditional Scottish welcome dinner and drinks.Introduction to the workshop and schedule with Nancy and Karolina.
- Day 2: 9TH Day 2 : Breakfast, day trip to EDINBURGH: Explore Edinburgh Castle, National Museum, Royal Mill- shopping time, lunch on own ,Whisky Tasting, home for dinner.
- Day 3: 10TH Day 3 : Breakfast, day trip to Stirling. Explore the Medieval Castle, the National Wallace Monument. Afternoon tea lunch, Back to Manor Estate, early evening aperitif in the garden (weather permitted). Dinner followed by a gin tasting. :-)
- Day 4: 11TH Day 4: Late Breakfast. Day in the Manor Estate. Painting lesson, Lunch, Afternoon Wellbeing session with Dominika (from Sorores Aromatherapy), Dinner home.
- Day 5: 12TH Day 5: Early Breakfast. Day trip to Glasgow. We visit Kelvingrow Park and Gallery. Sketching session at the Necropolis, Lunch on own and shopping time. Exhibition of Reni Mackintosh ( world famous architect and designer), Fish and Chips + Pint of Ale at the oldest pub. Ceilidh dance - late return to the house.
- Day 6: 13TH Day 6 : Brunch followed by a day painting trip to Loch Lomond. Lunch in old fishing village of Luss. Time for shopping, walk around the lake. Back home for dinner.
- Day 7: 14TH Day 7: Early Breakfast. Glen Coe trip. The most magnificent vies of glens, lochs and Highlands! Painting session followed by lunch in a famous pub (James Bond Movie ‘Skyfall’- CLACHAIG), home for diner.
- Day 8: 15TH Day 8: Full day at the Manor Estate. Painting lesson, cooking class with a famous chef David Sherry followed by a 5 course dinner.
- Day 9: 16TH Day 9: coffee and pastry to go! Day trip to a beautiful Isle of Arran. Stunning 30min light trek to Glen Rosa, Followed by a cheese testing, shopping and a whisky distillery tour. Late sea food lunch on the beach- seal spotting :-) Home for a tapas dinner.
- Day 10: 17TH Day 10: Last day. Time to enjoy the Manor Estate, Relaxing activities (SPA treatments available or a clay pigeon shooting). Afternoon Pimps and lemonade followed by afternoon tea- Queens Party! Gala dinner with oysters and champagne :-) Entertainment by local musicians.
- Day 11: 18TH Day 11: Departure day . Breakfast and airport transfer.
Course Cost: 5,499$
...and take a load off
Carefully selected beautiful Manor sits in an elevated and private position overlooking the River Tweed and in the heart of the Tweed Valley
The property is for hire on an exclusive basis, and is perfect for scenic escapes in the bosom of the nature
Natural blend of historic tradition and modern comfort
Included in the cost of your workshop in Scotland:
• All tuition fees
• All excursions
• All activities
• Airport transfers and local transportation including day trips
• All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with wine (excluding 2 lunches)
- Flights to and from Edinburgh
- 2 lunches
This workshop is being arranged through followtuscany.com.
Karolina will follow up on all questions about the workshop, accommodations, activities, coordinate arrivals and departures, food issues and all other details. Karolina will handle all booking arrangements, all enquiries, and receive the payments of deposit and balance from the students directly.
Contact: Karolina Lenart
Telephone: +39 3455809974 or +48 880876413
The coordinated pickup on the arrival day 8th of July 2022 :
2.00-4.00pm from airport Edinburgh to The Villa
The coordinated drop off on te 18th of July 2022 :
10.00am from the Villa to the airport Edinburgh