Essence of Tuscany with Barbara Hack
With Barbara Hack
At Villa Selva - Lucca
02 June - 12 June, 2022
I am so thrilled to have this incredible opportunity to paint with you in the culturally rich area of Tuscany! We will not only capture the feeling of this gorgeous environment in paint, but also experience the food, wine and history of this region. Join me for 10 amazing days in Beautiful Tuscany , we will explore some of the fundamentals of painting in oils, working with landscapes, the figure, and still lifes. What better way to capture the true essence of Italy than bringing people into our experience. During each painting session, I will begin with a demo and then assist students with their paintings and provide advice. So many different subjects will allow us to approach our paintings from many aspects, from the initial strokes to the final painting. No matter what background you have with oil paints, I will assist in teaching you at your comfort level. What better place to capture memories than painting in Tuscany! We will truly make memories together!!! Workshop Information: For 10 days, we will explore some of the fundamentals of painting in oils, working with landscapes, the figure, and still lifes. During each painting session, I will begin with a demo and then assist students with their paintings and provide advice. A variety of subjects will allow us to approach our paintings from a variety of aspects, from the initial lines to the final painting. No matter what background students have with oil paints, I will assist them in learning techniques and how to incorporate those techniques in paintings.
- Instruction by Barbara
- Excusion to most beautiful corners of Tuscany
- Specialy selected activities
- Accomodation in Villa Selva
- Private Villa Chef
Day by Day Workshop Schedule
- Day 1: Arrival day ⦁ Group will be picked up from Pisa airport or Lucca Station at 4:00pm. ⦁ Arrival, unpack, settle in Villa Selva, time to rest. ⦁ Around 5:30pm - Welcome gathering with Barbara and Karolina including day-to-day schedule and workshop plan, goals, and challenges. ⦁ Dinner – Karolina’s favorite Tuscan delights. ⦁ We will start to make our home made Limoncello:)
- Day 2: Recovery day ⦁ breakfast at 9:00am ⦁ Time to relax and enjoy surrounds - first instructional session with Barbara. ⦁ Lunch at 1:00pm under Pergola prepared by our Chef. ⦁ Post lunch, it’s time to take a walk, rest, nap. ⦁ Dinner served at 7:00pm
- Day 3: Home day ⦁ Breakfast at 8:30am ⦁ Artist guest spot Day with Dominika Allan divided in morning and afternoon session: ⦁ Cyanotype - learning how to prepare paper and then creating your own blueprints. A great idea to help you understand how shadows and light affect art together with ⦁ A mix of your own bath salts and creating a 'ritual bath'. The science of essential oils and how they support wellbeing. ⦁ Lunch at 1:00pm under Pergola. ⦁ Dinner at home at 7:00pm by our Chef.
- Day 4: Lucca day ⦁ 8:30am breakfast at home. ⦁ Time to explore our town ⦁ 2h guided tour with Paola. ⦁ Individual time for Shopping , exploring and lunch ⦁ 2:30pm - Meeting Barbara in Palazzo Pfaner for session. ⦁Back home around 5:30pm for dinner by our Chef.
- Day 5: Home day ⦁ Breakfast at 8:30am, followed by session with Barbara around the villa gardens. ⦁ Lunch at 1:00pm ⦁ After lunch - time to relax ⦁ Around 4:30pm, the group will enjoy cooking lesson and prepare dinner for everyone by 7:00pm ⦁ For non-cooks: massage by our specialized masseuse Charlotte
- Day 6: Day to explore Tuscany ⦁ Breakfast at 8:30pm ⦁ Day trip to San Gimignano a small, walled, medieval hill town in the province of Siena, also known as the Town of Fine Towers, famous for its architecture ⦁ After arrival, time to explore on own with a map in your hand ⦁ Lunch on own ⦁ Return home at 5:30pm ⦁ Dinner: pizza festival at villa with own Pizzaiolo
- Day 7: Day with Wine tasting ⦁ Breakfast at 8:30am, followed by session with Barbara around villa. ⦁ Lunch at 1:00pm ⦁ Post lunch excursion for wine tasting at our local bio- dynamic winery. ⦁ Back home for dinner with Chef Karolina
- Day 8: Day to explore Liguria ⦁ Breakfast at 8:30am ⦁10:30am day trip to Portovenere – most beautiful coast town with spectacular views ⦁ Time to explore, shop and relax on own (with a map in your hand). ⦁ Lunch on own. ⦁ Return home at 5:30pm ⦁ Dinner by our private Chef 7.00pm
- Day 9: Lucca day vol.2 ⦁ Breakfast at 8:30am, followed by painting demonstration by Barbara and painting around the villa. ⦁ Lunch at 1:00pm. ⦁ Post lunch - time to relax ⦁ 3:30pm - Back to Lucca for last shopping and more exploration. ⦁ 6:45pm - Meeting for Puccini Concert followed by dinner in our favorite local restaurant with our friend Chef Gianluca.
- Day 10: Final day ⦁ You’ll start the day with breakfast at 8:30am. ⦁The group will finish their art works. ⦁ After lunch at 1:00pm, there’ll be time to pack, relax, and rest. ⦁ Later in the afternoon, we’ll create a gallery with all of your works! You’ll enjoy this with a spritz and casual spuntini. ⦁ At 7:00pm there’ll be a glamorous gala dinner offering the best Tuscan cuisine. You’ll have a meal prepared by our chef along with homemade limoncello.
- Day 11: Departure day. ☹ ⦁ Breakfast at 8:30am. ⦁ After breakfast, the group will be taken to Lucca train station or Pisa airport. Untill we meet again :)
Course Cost: 3799$
About Artist: From courtroom artist to fashion illustrator and everything in between, I have always held a great passion for the figure. An ongoing reflection on people and their emotions, my subject matter reflects my love for figurative work and the challenge of realistic portraiture. Working predominantly in painting mediums, I aim to push beyond realism and capture resonant moments in time. The paintings pursue figures from the pasts, showing both their moods and contexts. Three years ago, I made the decision to pursue this love for painting full time. Since then, numerous galleries, including the Salmagundi Club, Rehs Gallery, Abend Gallery, and the Wausau Museum of Contemporary Art, have exhibited my paintings, as well as magazines, such as Fine Art Connoisseur and Artists Magazine. In addition, my work also received recognition as a finalist in the ARC, from Portrait Society of America, and, most recently, as just one of ten chosen for Outstanding Artists over 60. While seemingly simple momentary presences, ephemeral figures, nonetheless, still have the ability to make lasting, even shaping, impressions. Through my work, I strive to understand these figures and their ephemerality and to share that understanding with others. I received my Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in drawing and painting after an intensive study in Europe and additional training in New York. My various career paths have challenged me with alternative contexts for figurative artistry, and in a variety of mediums, including graphite, pastels, Prismacolor, and oils. I continue to teach fine art classes and lessons during the week. Please join me for this wonderful experience in Tuscany!
10 day workshop in Tuscany include: -Intensive painting instruction by Barbara -Painting supplies as easel,stool and bag -Outstanding Italian food during entire stay with best local wines -Day trip to Ligurian coastal village of Artists Portovenere -Cooking Lesson with personal Chef -Lucca town tour -San Gimignano day trip -Biodynamic Wine Tasting -Glamorous Tuscan farewell dinners&wine -Pizza Festival -One day guest spot with Sorores Aromatherapy Exludes: Flights 3 lunches (Lucca, San Gimignano, Portovenere)
This workshop is being arranged through followtuscany.com. Karolina will follow up on all questions about the workshop, accommodations, activities, coordinate arrivals and departures, food issues and all other details. Karolina will handle all booking arrangements, all enquiries, and receive the payments of deposit and balance from the students directly.
Contact: Karolina Lenart
Telephone: +39 3455809974 or +48 880876413