Tuscany with Nancy Ellen Thompson
With Nancy E.Thompson
At Villa Selva - Lucca
02 September - 12 September, 2022
Teaching art is a way of life for Nancy also a best therapy in this imprevedibile times. She believe that anyone who wants to learn can do it. She teach all levels...beginner classes to master class. Teaching accomplished artists is particularly exciting because it allows help to help others find ways to keep their work fresh and evolving.
- Pizza Festival with private Pizzaiolo
- Wine Tasting in local bio-dynamic winery
- Puccini concert in a Romanesque church followed by 5 course dinner in Restaurant
- Artist guest spot day with Dominika Allan from Sorores Aromatherapy : Cyanotype
- Day trip to Portovenere ,San Gimignano ,Lucca
- Cooking Lesson with personal Chef
- Glamorous Tuscan farewell dinners with local wine selection
- Healing massages
Day by Day Workshop Schedule
- Day 1: Benvenuti! Group will be picked up from Pisa airport at 4:00pm or Lucca Station at 4:45pm. Arrival, unpack, settle in villa Selva , time to rest and refresh. Around 6pm welcome gathering with Nancy and Karolina, and introduction to our day-to-day schedule, workshop plan, goals, and challenges. Dinner – ,,Best of Villa Selva,, 5 course dinner by Our Chef.
- Day 2: ecovery Day...Continental breakfast 9am - time to relax and enjoy surroundings - first instructional session with Nancy. Lunch at 1pm Post lunch time to relax, 4.30 Cooking Class for the group. Non-cooks massage with Charlotte. Dinner 7pm
- Day 3: Breakfast at 8:30am Artist guest spot Day with Dominika Allan divided in morning and afternoon session: Cyanotype - learning how to prepare paper and then creating your own blue prints. A great idea to help you understand how shadows and light affect art together with A mix of your own bath salts and creating a 'ritual bath'. The science of essential oils and how they support wellbeing. Lunch 13.00pm under Pergola. Dinner home 19.00pm by our Chef.
- Day 4: Breakfast, 09:00am: Introduction to Lucca with the secret stop... time for exploring , shopping -with a map in your hand.Lunch on own . Back home for dinner served by Chef Ella.
- Day 5: Home day! Breakfast at 8:30am followed by session with Nancy around gardens. Lunch at 1pm .3pm departure for bio-dynamic wine tasting-truly magical experience.Back home for dinner with private Chef.
- Day 6: Breakfast 8.00. Time to explore a bit of Liguria! 09:00am: A day trip to Portovenere – a beautiful coastal town with spectacular views. Paint, sketch, shop, explore and relax (with a map in hand). Lunch on own. Return home 4.40pm time to swim or read a book with glass of wine! Dinner served 7pm with the special guest Marco Valle del Sole owner-introduction to his wine from Cappella hill.
- Day 7: Home day! Breakfast at 8:30am followed by session with Nancy around villa. Lunch at 1pm. Post lunch it is time to relax. at 4pm back to Lucca for more exploration and Puccini concert in a Romanesque church, dinner at our favourite restaurant.
- Day 8: Breakfast at 8:30am, day trip to San Gimignano – a beautiful medival town in Tuscany with famous towers. It's one of Tuscany's most evocative hill towns. It is time to shop, explore and relax on own (with city map in hand). Lunch on own, Return home at 5.30. Dinner at 7pm by Chef Karolina
- Day 9: Home day!Breakfast at 8:30am followed by painting session with Nancy. Lunch at 1pm .Post lunch departure to Barga - a jewel of a ”borgo”, surrounded by stunning hills and mountains. We stop at the Devil’s Bridge (Ponte Magdelena) for a quick look around, on the way up. Back home for dinner-Pizza Party with our Villa Pizzaiolo!
- Day 10: The last day of workshop! You’ll start the day with breakfast at 8:30am. The group will finish their art works. After lunch at 1pm, there’ll be time to pack, relax, and rest. Later in the afternoon, we’ll create a gallery with all of your works! You’ll enjoy this with a spritz and casual spuntini. At 7pm there’ll be a glamorous gala dinner offering the best Tuscan cuisine. You’ll have a five-course meal prepared by our chef along with homemade Verbencello.
- Day 11: Departure day- Breakfast at 8:30am. After breakfast (10.00am), the group will be taken to Lucca train station or Pisa airport.
Course Cost: $3749
About the Artist
Teaching art is a way of life for me. I'm always a teacher, and always a student, even when I'm not in a classroom setting. I believe that anyone who wants to learn to paint, can do it. I teach all levels...beginner classes to master class. I love introducing sketching and painting to new artists because it is a pleasure to see how surprised they are by their own talent. Teaching accomplished artists is particularly exciting because it allows me to help others find ways to keep their work fresh and evolving.
Traveling with my art and my husband, Dick Thompson, is a large part of my life. I have lived in Suriname, South America and traveled to Switzerland, Italy, Belgium, England, Germany, Ireland, Greece and France. I regularly travel the United States teaching workshops.
I attended Columbia International University in Columbia, South Carolina and have two daughters, two granddaughters and two grandsons (not surprisingly, all of them are artists). I'm a South Carolina native, but now I divide my time between my home near Solomon's Island, Maryland and my studio on the eastern shore in Snow Hill, Maryland
Your Tuscan Experience
Our 10-day courses are held at the beautiful villa Selva, on the idyllic St.Stefano hill overlooking the city of Lucca. Tuscany is one of Italy’s most cherished regions. Its beautiful countryside is reminiscent of the landscapes of Renaissance masterpieces.
Along with rolling hills and vineyards, it also offers a rich artistic heritage including exquisite art and architecture – not forgetting premium wines and delicious cuisine. Set between the blue-green Apennine Mountains and the turquoise Tyrrhenian Sea, Tuscanyis the heart and soul of Italy. Known and loved for its splendid landscapes, charming low hills, olive groves, vineyards, and beautiful old farmhouses, Tuscany is the ideal location for any artist. The weather in Tuscany in October is wonderful, with sunny days and colder nights. The air is clearer than in the hot summer months, making for excellent views and great painting weather.
Your days will be divided between painting at home with Nancy and daytime excursions to local points of interest where you will have your painting sessions and time to discover Tuscany. As an immersive cultural experience, we also offer activities including a classical Puccini concert, cooking class with our Chef who specialises in Tuscan cuisine, and wine tasting in our favourite local vineyards. These are only a few of our many close-by attractions.
Included in the cost of your workshop in Tuscany:
• All tuition fees
• All excursions
• All activities
• Airport transfers and local transportation including day trips to Lucca, Barga, Portovenere and Volterra
• All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with wine (excluding 3 lunches out)
- Flights to and from Pisa
- 3 lunches (Lucca, Voltera, Portovenere)
This workshop is being arranged through followyoursensesintuscany.com.
Karolina will follow up on all questions about the workshop, accommodations, activities, coordinate arrivals and departures, food issues and all other details. Karolina will handle all booking arrangements, all enquiries, and receive the payments of deposit and balance from the students directly.
Contact: Karolina Lenart
Telephone: +39 3455809974 or +48 880876413
FOR YOUR COMFORT , WE ORGANIZE INDIVIDUAL TRANSFER FROM/TO PISA AIRPORT OR LUCCA/PISA TRAIN STATION TO/FROM OUR VILLA.