Tuscan dream with Monique Carr
With Monique Carr
At Lucca /Tuscany
28 April - 06 May, 2022
Mamma Mia! Let’s Paint Tuscany! Join artist instructor Monique Carr in Tuscany, Italy for an exciting 8-day painting adventure! In addition of breathtaking vistas, experience the best Italian food, wine, music, and immerse yourself in the gorgeous Tuscan culture. Discover authentic towns, villages, and countryside. During Monique’s instruction, she will share her technique in acrylic and oil. Learn skills to paint loose and express yourself. Capture your surroundings by sketching, quick study paintings, and journaling. Build successful designs and compositions. Simplify a scene when painting outdoors (en plein air). Finish your work during studio time. All levels are welcome, as the instruction will catered to each participant’s needs. Also, plenty to do for non-artist companion. This is the perfect artist retreat to incite your inspiration, energy, and creativity, in one of the world’s greatest cultural destinations, Tuscany!
- Painting Instructions by Monique
- Best Italian Food and Wine During Entire Stay
- Day Trip to Portovenere, San Gimignano, Lucca.
- Classical Concert in Romanesque Church
- Delightful Cooking Lesson with Personal Chef
- Glamorous Tuscan Farewell Dinner
Day by Day Workshop Schedule
- Day 1: The arrival day! Group will be picked up from Pisa airport or Lucca Station at 4:00pm. Arrival, unpack, settle in Casa Selva, time to rest. Around 5.30pm, Welcome gathering with Monique and Karolina including day-to-day schedule and workshop plan, goals, and challenges. Dinner – Karolina’s favorite Tuscan delights.
- Day 2: 9.00am Time to relax and enjoy surrounds - first instructional session with Monique. Lunch at 1pm under Pergola prepared by our chef. Post lunch, it’s time to take a walk,rest,nap.Afternoon can be your individual painting time or simply relax! Dinner home 7pm
- Day 3: 8:30am breakfast home,session with Monique Lunch at 1pm .Afterwards Lucca time!Exploration,shopping on own with a map in your hand 6.45pm meeting for Puccini Concert. Dinner in Karolina’s favourite restaurant.
- Day 4: Time to explore Liguria! After brakfast a day trip to Portovenere – most beautiful coast town with spectacular views. Time to explore,shop and relax on own (with a map in hand). Lunch on own. Return home at 4.30 pm. Back home for dinner 7pm
- Day 5: Home day! Breakfast at 8:30am followed by session with Monique. Lunch at 1pm After lunch, time to relax, around 4.30, the group will enjoy cooking lesson and prepare dinner for everyone -7pm For non-cooks, massage (on own cost) by our specialized masseuse Charlotte!
- Day 6: Breakfast at 8:30am followed by session with Monique in studio. Lunch at 1pm Post lunch excursion for bio dynamic wine tasting. Back home for dinner 7pm by Chef Ella.
- Day 7: Breakfast at 8.30 day trip to San Gimignano a small walled medieval hill town in the province of Siena. Known as the Town of Fine Towers, famous for its medieval architecture. After arrival, time to explore on own with a map in hand. Lunch on own. Return home 5pm for pizza festival at villa with our Private pizzaiolo:)
- Day 8: You’ll start the day with breakfast at 8:30am. The group will finish their art works. After lunch at 1pm, there’ll be time to pack, relax, and rest. Later in the afternoon, we’ll create a gallery with all of your works! You’ll enjoy this with a spritz and casual spuntini. At 7pm there’ll be a glamorous gala dinner offering the best Tuscan cuisine. You’ll have a meal prepared by our chef along with homemade verbencello.
- Day 9: Departure day. ☹ Breakfast at 8:30am. After breakfast, the group will be taken to Lucca train station or Pisa airport.
Course Cost: 3599$
Tennesseean / Quebecoise artist
After growing up in Montreal, Canada and spending 10 years in the Cayman Islands, Monique and her husband made East Tennessee home in 1999. Monique worked as a graphic artist for over 20 years prior to becoming a full-time fine artist. Ever evaluating and evolving her style, Monique has continued throughout her professional career to study under many well-known artists, including Guido Frick, Kim English, David Dunlap, Kathy Odom, Audrey Phillips, Aimone Art School.
The style that emerges in Monique’s work bursts with energy as she combines expressive colors and intriguing textures. Her imaginative and abstract landscapes can be described Turneresque. Her florals are fun and full of energy.
“My contemporary landscapes are a fusion of experience, experiment and emotion. Instead of painting what I see with my eyes, I want to depict my own interpretation of a scene with my soul. I want to capture the mystery and the beauty of nature. Simultaneously, I’m thinking about composition, harmony, colors, movement, and texture. Atmospheric effects are another wonderful way to create a sense of drama with calm and mystery, which appeals to me.
I also like to experiment with unusual tools, textures and color combinations, allowing me to see a subject in unexpected ways.
I want to leave the viewers of my work with feelings of surprise and joy, allowing them to interpret each work in a soulful way that is uniquely their visual experience.”
Each painting holds a tiny exclamation mark: It is my trademark!—the playfulness of finding a solitary mark invites audiences to slow down also and reenter the space. To find it, they really have to look. All the while, they are looking at this landscape and becoming familiar with the composition.”
Our 8-day courses are held at the beautiful Villa Selva, on the idyllic Pieve Santo Stefano hill overlooking the city of Lucca.
Tuscany is one of Italy’s most cherished regions. Its beautiful countryside is reminiscent of the landscapes of Renaissance masterpieces. Along with rolling hills and vineyards, it also offers a rich artistic heritage including exquisite art and architecture
– not forgetting premium wines and delicious cuisine. Set between the blue-green Apennine Mountains and the turquoise Tyrrhenian Sea, Tuscany is the heart and soul of Italy. Known and loved for its splendid landscapes, charming low hills, olive groves, vineyards,
and beautiful old farmhouses, Tuscany is the ideal location for any artist. The weather in the spring is wonderful, with sunny days and colder nights. The air is clear more than in the hot summer months, making for excellent views and great painting weather. Your days will be divided between painting at home with Instructor and day time excursions to local points of interest where you will have your painting sessions and time to discover Tuscany. As an immersive cultural experience, we also offer cooking class with our Chef who specialises in Tuscan cuisine, and wine tasting in our favourite local vineyards. These are only a few of our many close-by attractions.
8 day workshop in Tuscany include:
- Painting instruction by Monique Carr
- Outstanding Italian food during entire stay with best local wines
Day trip to Ligurian coastal village of Artists Portovenere\
- Cooking Lesson with personal Chef
- Lucca , Portovenere ,Sangimignano tour
- Airport Transfer
- Biodynamic Wine Tasting
- Glamorous Tuscan farewell dinner
- 3 lunches (Lucca, San Gimignano, Portovenere)
This workshop is being arranged through followtuscany.com.
Karolina will follow up on all questions about the workshop, accommodations, activities, coordinate arrivals and departures, food issues and all other details. Karolina will handle all booking arrangements, all enquiries, and receive the payments of deposit and balance from the students directly.
Contact: Karolina Lenart
Telephone: +39 3455809974 or +48 880876413