Creating history and Mystery in Tuscany with Sandra D.Wilson
With Sandra Duran Wilson
At Villa Selva - Lucca
26 September - 06 October, 2022
Creating History and Mystery is more than a painting technique, it is a way of seeing through the layers. We begin our journey exploring the hills of Lucca and our beautiful restored farmhouse. Absorb the surroundings and let their history mingle with yours. The painting classes will proceed with developing concepts for your paintings. Shapes will define the composition, your interaction with your surroundings will influence your colors and the textures will be incorporated into your paintings. We will paint using acrylic paints and mediums. I will share with you my formulas and techniques for creating textures, building layers to create history and veiling to add mystery. We will also incorporate local materials into our mixed media piece and we will add a transfer or two. When we begin with intention, our painting will join us in the adventure. I like to think of this way of painting as intentional spontaneity. As we work, we dialogue and listen to what the painting is calling for. The layers are added and then we intuitively veil and add shapes to create mystery. You will learn new painting techniques, but more importantly you will learn innovative ways to see. Please join us for this lifetime experience to open your eyes and paint the mystery from within. Your Tuscan Experience Our 10-day courses its held at the beautiful Villa Selva on the idyllic Pieve Santo Stefano hill overlooking the city of Lucca. Tuscany is one of Italy’s best-loved regions. Its beautiful countryside is reminiscent of the landscapes of Renaissance masterpieces. As well as rolling hills and vineyards, it also offers a rich artistic heritage including exquisite art and architecture – not forgetting premium wines and delicious cuisine. Set down between the blue-green Apennine Mountains and the turquoise Tyrrhenian Sea, Tuscany is the heart and soul of Italy. Known and loved for its splendid landscapes, charming low hills, olive groves, vineyards, and beautiful old farmhouses, Tuscany is the ideal location for any artist. The weather in Autumn is wonderful, with warm days and cooler nights. The air is clearer than in the hot summer months, making for excellent views and great painting weather. Your days will be divided between painting at home with Sandra and day time excursions to local points of interest. As an immersive cultural experience, we also offer activities including a classical Puccini concert, cooking class with our Chef specialized in Tuscan Cuisine , vine tasting in Our favourite local vineyards, artist guest spot by Dominika Allan creating Cyanotype.
- Instructions by Sandra
- Beautiful vila setting
- Best Italian food served by Your own private chef
- Lots of activities besides of painting selected by Your art instructor
- One day Excrusions to Lucca, San Gimignano,Portovenere
Day by Day Workshop Schedule
- Day 1: 26th september The arrival day! Group will be picked up from Pisa airport or Lucca Station at 4:00pm. Arrival, unpack, settle in villa Selva, time to rest. Around 6pm, Welcome and introduction of the Workshop with Sandra and Karolina. Day-to-day schedule and workshop plan, goals, and challenges. Dinner 7pm
- Day 2: 27th september Home day! Slow Start, jet lag recovery. Breakfast at 8.30am.First instructional session with Sandra . Lunch at 1pm under Pergola prepared by our chef. At 3pm afternoon session with teacher. Dinner at 7pm (We will start making Verbencello (its our secret recipe for lemon-verbena liquor) To be ready for our last gala dinner.
- Day 3: 28th september Breakfast at 8.30am .Artist guest spot day with Dominika Allan from Sorores Aromatherapy : Cyanotype - learning how to prepare paper and then creating your own blue prints. A great idea to help you understand how shadows and light affect art together 3-4h workshop Lunch 1pm under Pergola. Afternoon painting class start at 3.30pm with teacher. Dinner home 7pm by our Chef.
- Day 4: 29th september Breakfast at 8:30am. Around 09.30am, Lucca introduction.(secret stop)Sandra guided tour of Lucca to spot her favourite places later time on own for more individual exploration, group will have lunch on their own. At 4pm Pick up from Lucca.Back home ,relaxing time.Dinner 7-Pizza party.
- Day 5: 30th september Home day! Breakfast at 8:30am followed by painting class ; the group will paint along with Sandra around the villa gardens. Lunch at 1pm . Around 4.30pm, the group will enjoy cooking lesson and prepare dinner for everyone. For non-cooks, massage (on own cost 55Euro/1h) by our specialized masseuse Charlotte!
- Day 6: 1th october Time to Explore Liguria! 08.30am:Breakfast home .A day trip to Portovenere -one of most beautiful coast villages in Italy, with spectacular sea landscapes,well known as lands of the artist.The group will have 1h boat tour of the coast afterwards (with the map in hand) will have time to explore,shop.Lunch on own ,Return home 4pm.Dinner Home 7pm
- Day 7: 2th octoberHome Day! Breakfast at 8:30am followed by painting class with Sandra . Lunch at 13.00. Post lunch it is time to relax. Around 15.00 Group will be taken to Pietrasanta-know as a city of Sculpture.Time on own for explore and shop.We will have dinner al fresco in our favourite trattoria , back home.
- Day 8: 3th october Time to explore Tuscany! 09.00am: A day trip to San Gimignano – a small walled medieval hill town province of Siena . Known as the Town of Fine Towers , famous for its medieval architecture. It is time to shop, explore and relax on own (with city map in hand). Return home at 4.30pm. Dinner at 7pm.
- Day 9: 4th octoberHome day! Breakfast at 8:30am followed by painting class ; the group will paint along with Sandra around the villa gardens. Lunch at 1pm . At 3pm group will be taken back to Lucca for more exploring, Puccini concert and dinner in Karolina favourite restaurant.
- Day 10: 5th octoberYou’ll start the day with breakfast at 8:30am. The group will finish the art works on session with Sandra. After lunch at 1pm, there’ll be time to pack, relax, and rest. Later in the afternoon, we’ll create a gallery with all of your works! You’ll enjoy this with a spritz and casual spuntini. At 19.00pm there’ll be a glamorous gala dinner offering the Tuscan cuisine. You’ll have a meal prepared by our chef along with home made verbencello.
- Day 11: 6th october Departure day! After breakfast, the group will be taken to Lucca train station or Pisa airport.
Course Cost: 3699$
Learn more about Sandra, her work, gallery and workshop: https://sandraduranwilson.com/ Sandra w
This workshop is being arranged through followtuscany.com Karolina will handle all booking arrangements. All enquiries, and receive the payments of deposit and balance from the students directly.
She will also follow on all questions about the Workshop,accommodation,activities,coordinate arrivals and departures,food issues and all other details.
Karolina Lenart :firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +39 3455809974 or +39 880876413
Included in the cost of your workshop in Tuscany :
⦁ Accommodations ⦁ All tuition fees ⦁ All excursions ⦁ All activities ⦁ Airport transfers and local transportation including day trips to Lucca, Pisa,Portovenere,Sangimignano,Pietrasanta. ⦁ All breakfasts lunches and dinners (excluding 3 lunches) ⦁ The use of folding chairs Exludes: ⦁ Flights to and from Pisa ⦁ 3 lunches ⦁ Painting supplies