Inspired by Impressionists Provence tour with Nancy E.Thompson and Art Leguage of Ocean City
With Nancy E.Thompson
At Villa Oliviers - Provance / South of France
17 June - 27 June, 2021
Experience magical Provence: lavender, vineyards, olive trees, best food, wine, medieval villages, markets and sun-filled landscapes. You will discover why the region has been an inspiration for artists like Van Gogh, Picasso, Paul Cezanne, Claude Monet. It will be a journey you will never forget! Don’t miss this opportunity to immerse yourself in one of the world’s great places. Join Nancy Ellen Thompson for a fun and enlightening 10 days that will enhance both your on location sketching skills and your appreciation for this remarkable region of France.
- Painting and sketching sessions
- French Cooking class with private Chef
- wine and cheese tastings
- Day trip to Avignon and St Remy
- The essence of French lifestyle in a beautiful, traditional villa
- The half day excrusions to most beautiful little villages of Provence
- Balanced itinerary with time to sketch explore and relax as our motto says:Eat,create,travel!
Day by Day Workshop Schedule
- Day 1: Arrival To Marselille Airport, Transportation to the Villa, Welcome gathering/Dinner
- Day 2: Breakfast home. Relax, sketch, paint and photography. Lunch at home. Afternoon Cooking class for group , while non cooks can chill in the pool Dinner
- Day 3: Breakfast home. Avignon trip- Exploring town in 'Petit Train'. Open tour to see the best things in Avignon! (PALACE OF THE POPES, PETIT PALAIS MUSEUM, ROCHER DES DOMS MINT,ST BÉNÉZET BRIDGE,PLACE CRILLON,CALVET MUSEUM COLLECTION LAMBERT,PLACE DES CORPS SAINTS,ANGLADON MUSEUM,PLACE SAINT PIERRE,PHILIPPE LE BEL TOWER,FORT SAINT ANDRÉ,SAINT ANDRÉ ABBEY,CHARTREUSE,PIERRE DE LUXEMBOURG MUSEUM, ISLAND OF LA BARTHELASSE,PORTE DE LA LIGNEST. MARTHE UNIVERSIT) After lunch,explore and shopping time on own. Back home for Dinner
- Day 4: Breakfast home. Sketching session with Nancy. Lunch at home. Afternoon cheese tasting with local producer. Dinner home
- Day 5: Bruch home at 10.30am. Village Sault-chaising lavender : exploration of fields sketching session capturing town .Visit village for walk, gelato and glass of wine/on own. Back home for dinner
- Day 6: Breakfast home, sketching session with Nancy at home.Later Russilion village exploration (known from ochre)/exploration on own /lunch on own. Wine tasting in local vineyards, back home in the afternoon for french style Aperitiff, dinner
- Day 7: Breakfast home. Sketching time .Lunch home. Fontaine De Vacluse visit -sketching time, hike and explore time. Dinner home
- Day 8: Breakfast home. St. Paul de Mausole hospital visit (wher Van Gogh spend his last year of life ). Transfer to: St Remy exploration with the map in your hand : Republic square, Rue Chohe Nostradamus Street, Old Town OPTIONAL: VAN Ghog trail- We will supply the maps (its a 1,5km distance walk from town). Lunch on own. Back home for Dinner
- Day 9: Breakfast home. Guided Visit in Senague Abbey. Gordes village exploration on own with a map/lunch on own. Back home afternoon for a rose wine tasting. Dinner home
- Day 10: Breakfast home. Last sketching session with Nancy /bringing your sketches and photography together, finishing on works, Lunch home. Gallery of Art/ Apperittif. Gala Dinner
- Day 11: Breakfast. Departure at 10.00. Au Revoir! Untill we see you again!
Course Cost: $3995
SOLD OUT/WAITING LIST
Traveling with my art and my husband, Dick Thompson, is a large part of my life. I have lived in Suriname, South America and traveled to Switzerland, Italy, Belgium, England, Germany, Ireland, Greece and France. I regularly travel the United States teaching workshops.
My memberships include the South Carolina Watercolor Society, the Salisbury Art Guild, the Rehoboth Art League, the North Georgia Artist's Guild, Worcester County Arts Council, and Art Institute and Gallery of Salisbury. I am represented by Bishop's Stock Gallery in Snow Hill, Maryland and City Art Gallery in Columbia, South Carolina.
The Provance Experience
We visit most important and beautiful towns and villages.
Where Vincent Van Ghog spent the last months of his life Including visit in Saint-Paul-de-Mausole monastery, hospice where the painter produced some of his most famous works there, such as the Sunflowers
Avignon is the former seat of the Popes and the charming Provencal city. If you hear the name Avignon you only think of the famous bridge, be sure to check what other attractions are worth seeing! Avignon and its monuments inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage list definitely must be seen It will be mainly a walk into the past, cultural feast because its an artist town and it overflow everywhere also a culinary treat. There is no shortage of interesting restaurants in Avignon serving good food.
June and July is lavender season! You will sketch beautiful fields in Senanqe Abbey its one of the most photograph place in France and visit the most beautiful region of Sault known for the biggest lavender fields. Of course, we make time to explore vineyards and have a vine tasting of French wines. We will photograph and sketch at the most beautiful villages of Provence as Gordes and Russilion featured in the movie 'A Good Year' with Russell Crowe and Marion Cotillard (based on the Peter Mayle book).
....and this its only a brief from planned attraction!
In the heart of Provence and at the foot of the Luberon massif, between the pines and the olive trees.
A place of excellence in nature that will charm lovers of calm and comfort under the sun of the South.
Recently renovated in the purest Provencal style, its courtyard, its olive grove and an exceptional view of the Durance valley from it's pool will charm all our guests, in search of well-being and serenity.
Included in the cost of your workshop in France:
- 10 days accomodation
- fine food andwine
- transportation with day trips
- French Cooking class with private Chef
- Wine tastings in the local Chateu
and much more...
- 5 lunches out
This workshop is being arranged throughfollowtuscany.com.Karolina will follow up on all questions about the workshop, accommodations, activities, coordinate arrivals and departures, food issues and all other details.She willhandle all booking arrangements, all enquiries, and receive the payments of deposit and balance from the students directly.
Contact: Karolina Lenart
Telephone: +39 3455809974 or +48 880876413