Folow Your Senses to Provence with Nancy E.Thompson
With Nancy E.Thompson
At Villa Oliviers - Provance / South of France
14 June - 24 June, 2022
Experience magical Provence: lavender, vineyards, olive trees, best food, wine, medieval villages, markets and sun-filled landscapes. You will discover why the region has been an inspiration and healing place for artists like Van Gogh, Picasso, Paul Cezanne, Claude Monet. It will be a journey you will never forget! Don’t miss this opportunity to immerse yourself in one of the world’s great places. Join Nancy Ellen Thompson for a fun and enlightening 10 days that will enhance both your on location sketching skills and your appreciation for this remarkable region of France.
- Painting and sketching sessions
- French Cooking class with private Chef
- wine and cheese tastings
- Day trip to Avignon and St Remy
- The essence of French lifestyle in a beautiful, traditional villa
- The half day excrusions to most beautiful little villages of Provence
- Balanced itinerary with time to sketch explore and relax as our motto says:Eat,create,travel!
Day by Day Workshop Schedule
- Day 1: Arrival To Marselille Airport, Transportation to the Villa, Welcome gathering/Dinner.
- Day 2: Breakfast home. Relax, sketch, paint and photography. Lunch at home. Afternoon Cooking class for group with Private Chef , while non cooks can chill in the pool .Dinner for all served at 7.00pm.
- Day 3: Breakfast at villa , departure to visit St. Paul de Mausole hospital (where Van Gogh spend his last year of life ). Transfer to St Remy: exploration on own the town with the map in your hand : Republic square, Rue Chohe Nostradamus Street, Old Town OPTIONAL: VAN Ghog trail- We will supply the maps (its a 1,5km distance walk from town). Lunch on own. Back home for dinner.
- Day 4: Breakfast home. Sketching session with Nancy. Lunch at home. Afternoon cheese tasting with local producer. Dinner home
- Day 5: Breakfast home,9.30am departure to Russilion village exploration (known from ochre)/exploration on own /lunch on own.Later in the afternoon Sault-chaising lavender : exploration of fields sketching session capturing fields.Back home for dinner.
- Day 6: Breakfast home, sketching session with Nancy at home.Lunch home at 1pm,afternoon relax time,around 4pm session with Nancy. French style Aperitiff and dinner at villa.
- Day 7: Brunch home served at 10.30am followed by visit in Fontaine De Vacluse -sketching time,walk and explore time. Deparure for wine tasting with local producer.Back home for dinner.
- Day 8: Day home.Breakfast at 8.30 am.10.30 Class with Nancy uner the pergola.Lunch1.00pm,Afternoon session start at 3.00pm.Pool coctail hour with cheese plater served at 5.00pm,Dinner home 7.00pm.
- Day 9: Breakfast home. Guided Visit in Senague Abbey,later on Gordes village exploration on own with a map/lunch on own. Back home afternoon for a rose wine tasting at villa,time to pack.Dinner home.
- Day 10: Breakfast home,Departure to Avignon!Check in hotel (leaving all the laguage) Exploring town in 'Petit Train'. Open tour to see the best things in Avignon! (PALACE OF THE POPES, PETIT PALAIS MUSEUM, ROCHER DES DOMS MINT,ST BÉNÉZET BRIDGE,PLACE CRILLON,CALVET MUSEUM COLLECTION LAMBERT,PLACE DES CORPS SAINTS,ANGLADON MUSEUM,PLACE SAINT PIERRE,PHILIPPE LE BEL TOWER,FORT SAINT ANDRÉ,SAINT ANDRÉ ABBEY,CHARTREUSE,PIERRE DE LUXEMBOURG MUSEUM, ISLAND OF LA BARTHELASSE,PORTE DE LA LIGNEST. MARTHE UNIVERSIT) After lunch on own ,explore and shopping time ,Meeting at 6pm for art gallery in hotel with a glass of rose:).Gala dinner in French style restaurant.
- Day 11: Breakfast in hotel , Departure at 10.00am ...Au Revoir! Untill we see you again!
Course Cost: $3995
Traveling with my art and my husband, Dick Thompson, is a large part of my life. I have lived in Suriname, South America and traveled to Switzerland, Italy, Belgium, England, Germany, Ireland, Greece and France. I regularly travel the United States teaching workshops.
My memberships include the South Carolina Watercolor Society, the Salisbury Art Guild, the Rehoboth Art League, the North Georgia Artist's Guild, Worcester County Arts Council, and Art Institute and Gallery of Salisbury. I am represented by Bishop's Stock Gallery in Snow Hill, Maryland and City Art Gallery in Columbia, South Carolina.
The Provance Experience
We visit most important and beautiful towns and villages.
Where Vincent Van Ghog spent the last months of his life Including visit in Saint-Paul-de-Mausole monastery, hospice where the painter produced some of his most famous works there, such as the Sunflowers
Avignon is the former seat of the Popes and the charming Provencal city. If you hear the name Avignon you only think of the famous bridge, be sure to check what other attractions are worth seeing! Avignon and its monuments inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage list definitely must be seen It will be mainly a walk into the past, cultural feast because its an artist town and it overflow everywhere also a culinary treat. There is no shortage of interesting restaurants in Avignon serving good food.
June and July is lavender season! You will sketch beautiful fields in Senanqe Abbey its one of the most photograph place in France and visit the most beautiful region of Sault known for the biggest lavender fields. Of course, we make time to explore vineyards and have a vine tasting of French wines. We will photograph and sketch at the most beautiful villages of Provence as Gordes and Russilion featured in the movie 'A Good Year' with Russell Crowe and Marion Cotillard (based on the Peter Mayle book).
....and this its only a brief from planned attraction!
In the heart of Provence and at the foot of the Luberon massif, between the pines and the olive trees.
A place of excellence in nature that will charm lovers of calm and comfort under the sun of the South.
Recently renovated in the purest Provencal style, its courtyard, its olive grove and an exceptional view of the Durance valley from it's pool will charm all our guests, in search of well-being and serenity.
1 NIGHT IN AVIGNON
HOTEL IN HEART OF TOWN
Included in the cost of your workshop in France:
- 10 days accomodation
- Fine food andwine
- transportation with day trips
- French Cooking class with private Chef
- Wine tastings in the local Chateu
and much more...
- 4 lunches out
This workshop is being arranged throughfollowtuscany.com.Karolina will follow up on all questions about the workshop, accommodations, activities, coordinate arrivals and departures, food issues and all other details.She willhandle all booking arrangements, all enquiries, and receive the payments of deposit and balance from the students directly.
Contact: Karolina Lenart
Telephone: +39 3455809974 or +48 880876413
COORDINATED PICK UP FROM MARSEILLE AIRPORT TO VILLA ON ARRIVAL DAY FROM 3-5PM
DEPARTURE DROP OFF TO MARSEILLE AIRPORT AT 10AM
ALL OTHER PICK UPS/DROP OF HOURS OWN EXPENCE-NEED TO BE REPORTED TO THE ORGANIZER.