Viva Italia! Viva Toscana!
With Nancy E.Thompson
At Villa Selva - Lucca
11 May - 21 May, 2021
Teaching art is a way of life for Nancy. She believe that anyone who wants to learn to paint, can do it. She teach all levels...beginner classes to master class. Nancy love introducing sketching and painting to new artists because it is a pleasure to see how surprised they are by their own talent. Teaching accomplished artists is particularly exciting because it allows help to help others find ways to keep their work fresh and evolving.
- Barga afternoon tour with Ponte del Diavolo stop
- Wine Tasting in local bio-dynamic winery
- Puccini concert in a Romanesque church followed by 5 course dinner in Restaurant
- Ceramic painting day with Katinka
- Day trip to Portovenere and to Volterra
- Cooking Lesson with personal Chef
- Glamorous Tuscan farewell dinner
Day by Day Workshop Schedule
- Day 1: Benvenuti! Group will be picked up from Pisa airport at 4:00pm or Lucca Station at 4:45pm. Arrival, unpack, settle in at Casa Fiori, time to rest and refresh. Around 18:00, welcome gathering with Nancy and Karolina, and introduction to our day-to-day schedule, workshop plan, goals, and challenges. Dinner – ,,Best of Villa Selva,, 5 course dinner by Our Chef.
- Day 2: ecovery Day...Continental breakfast 9:00 time to relax and enjoy surroundings - first instructional session with Nancy. Lunch at 13:00 Post lunch time to relax, 16.30 Cooking Class for the first part of the group. Non-cooks optional massage with Charlotte. Dinner 19:00pm
- Day 3: Breakfast at 8.30 .Visit at our friend Katinka in her beautiful farmhouse on the hills of Monsagrati for a ceramic course-opportunity to Create own souvenir plate Lunch with the Hostess 13.00 Post Lunch time for sketching ,painting in her beautiful garden .16.30 Come back home : Cocktail’s happy hour with Italian snacks , Dinner served 19.00
- Day 4: Breakfast, 09:00am: Introduction to Lucca with the secret stop... time for exploring , shopping -with a map in your hand.Lunch on own ,17:00 Cheese tasting -Forme d’arte ,18:00 Meet bus, 19:00 dinner at home.
- Day 5: Home day! Breakfast at 8:30am followed by session with Nancy around gardens. Lunch at 13:00 .Time to relax, around 16:00, the second group will enjoy cooking lesson and prepare dinner for everyone 19:00. For non-cooks, massage (on own cost) by our specialised masseuse Charlotte!
- Day 6: Breakfast 8.00. Time to explore a bit of Liguria! 09:00am: A day trip to Portovenere – a beautiful coastal town with spectacular views. Paint, sketch, shop, explore and relax (with a map in hand). Lunch on own. Return home 16.30 time to swim or read a book with glass of wine! Dinner served 19:00pm with the special guest Marco Valle del Sole owner-introduction to his wine from Cappella hill.
- Day 7: Home day! Breakfast at 8:30am followed by session with Nancy around villa. Lunch at 13:00. Post lunch it is time to relax. 15.30 Departure for wine Tasting in Our local bio-dynamic winery after- Lucca for Puccini concert in a Romanesque church, dinner at our favourite restaurant. Return Home 22:30.
- Day 8: Breakfast at 8:30am, day trip to Volterra – a walled town in Tuscany with medieval and renaissance buildings, a Roman theater, and Etruscan sites. It's one of Tuscany's most evocative hill towns. It is time to shop, explore and relax on own (with city map in hand). Lunch on own, Return home at 16:30. Dinner at 19:00.
- Day 9: Home day!Breakfast at 8:30am followed by painting session with Nancy. Lunch at 13:00.Post lunch 14.30 departure to Barga - a jewel of a |”borgo”, surrounded by stunning hills and mountains. We stop at the Devil’s Bridge (Ponte Magdelena) for a quick look around, on the way up. Back home for dinner-Pizza Party by Eduardo our Villa Pizzaiolo!
- Day 10: The last day of workshop! You’ll start the day with breakfast at 8:30am. The group will finish their art works. After lunch at 13.00pm, there’ll be time to pack, relax, and rest. Later in the afternoon, we’ll create a gallery with all of your works! You’ll enjoy this with a spritz and casual spuntini. At 19:00 pm there’ll be a glamorous gala dinner offering the best Tuscan cuisine. You’ll have a five-course meal prepared by our chef along with homemade Verbencello.
- Day 11: Departure day- Breakfast at 8:30am. After breakfast (10.00am), the group will be taken to Lucca train station or Pisa airport.
Course Cost: $3749
About the Artist
Teaching art is a way of life for me. I'm always a teacher, and always a student, even when I'm not in a classroom setting. I believe that anyone who wants to learn to paint, can do it. I teach all levels...beginner classes to master class. I love introducing sketching and painting to new artists because it is a pleasure to see how surprised they are by their own talent. Teaching accomplished artists is particularly exciting because it allows me to help others find ways to keep their work fresh and evolving.
Traveling with my art and my husband, Dick Thompson, is a large part of my life. I have lived in Suriname, South America and traveled to Switzerland, Italy, Belgium, England, Germany, Ireland, Greece and France. I regularly travel the United States teaching workshops.
I attended Columbia International University in Columbia, South Carolina and have two daughters, two granddaughters and two grandsons (not surprisingly, all of them are artists). I'm a South Carolina native, but now I divide my time between my home near Solomon's Island, Maryland and my studio on the eastern shore in Snow Hill, Maryland
Your Tuscan Experience
Our 10-day courses are held at the beautiful villa Selva, on the idyllic St.Stefano hill overlooking the city of Lucca. Tuscany is one of Italy’s most cherished regions. Its beautiful countryside is reminiscent of the landscapes of Renaissance masterpieces.
Along with rolling hills and vineyards, it also offers a rich artistic heritage including exquisite art and architecture – not forgetting premium wines and delicious cuisine. Set between the blue-green Apennine Mountains and the turquoise Tyrrhenian Sea, Tuscanyis the heart and soul of Italy. Known and loved for its splendid landscapes, charming low hills, olive groves, vineyards, and beautiful old farmhouses, Tuscany is the ideal location for any artist. The weather in Tuscany in October is wonderful, with sunny days and colder nights. The air is clearer than in the hot summer months, making for excellent views and great painting weather.
Your days will be divided between painting at home with Nancy and daytime excursions to local points of interest where you will have your painting sessions and time to discover Tuscany. As an immersive cultural experience, we also offer activities including a classical Puccini concert, cooking class with our Chef who specialises in Tuscan cuisine, and wine tasting in our favourite local vineyards. These are only a few of our many close-by attractions.
Included in the cost of your workshop in Tuscany:
• All tuition fees
• All excursions
• All activities
• Airport transfers and local transportation including day trips to Lucca, Barga, Portovenere and Volterra
• All breakfasts, lunches and dinners with wine (excluding 3 lunches out)
- Flights to and from Pisa
- 3 lunches (Lucca, Voltera, Portovenere)
This workshop is being arranged through followyoursensesintuscany.com.
Karolina will follow up on all questions about the workshop, accommodations, activities, coordinate arrivals and departures, food issues and all other details. Karolina will handle all booking arrangements, all enquiries, and receive the payments of deposit and balance from the students directly.
Contact: Karolina Lenart
Telephone: +39 3455809974 or +48 880876413