A call to Tuscany
With Vitaly Makarov
At Villa Selva - Lucca
29 June - 07 July, 2021
Join me in exclusive 10 day Plein Air workshop where I share with you my techniques and skills. All levels are welcome! I want you to understand the principle of work in painting. That is, the method in which direction one should go, think, see, develop. Art is not a set of recipes. This is a system. I will try to make you understand how you need in the future, after the workshop, to teach yourself. I will be very happy to share my experience with you. See you! Yours Vitaly Makarov.
- INTENSIVE PAINTING INSTRUCTION BY VITALY
- DAY TRIP TO COASTAL VILLAGE OF LERICI and TO SAN GIMIGNANO
- COOKING LESSON WITH PERSONAL CHEF
- OUTSTANDING ITALIAN FOOD DURING ENTIRE STAY WITH BEST LOCAL WINES
- PAINTING IN PALAZZO PFANNER
- PUCCINI CONCERT IN A ROMANESQUE CHURCH
- BIO DYNAMIC WINE TASTING
Day by Day Workshop Schedule
- Day 1: Benvenuti! Group will be picked up from Pisa airport and Lucca Station . Arrival, unpack, settle in. Time to rest and refresh. Around 5.3pm , welcome gathering with Vitaly & Karolina, introduction to our day-to-day schedule, workshop plan, goals, and challenges. Dinner – prepared by our Villa chef
- Day 2: Home day ,Continental breakfast 8:30 time to relax and enjoy surroundings - first instructional session with Vitaly. Lunch at 1pm prepared by our villa private chef. After lunch it is time to relax, take a walk Vitaly session start at 4pm. For non painters massage session. Dinner 7pm
- Day 3: Breakfast 8:30am, after Introduction to Lucca 10am : time for explore, shopping with a map in your hand-Lunch on own . 3pm afternoon painting session with teacher in beautiful Palazzo Panner gardens. 6.30pm Meet bus, Dinner home 8pm
- Day 4: Home day! Breakfast at 8:30am followed by session with teacher around gardens Start 9.30. Lunch at 1pm . Time to relax, around 4.30, the group will enjoy cooking lesson and prepare dinner for everyone at 7pm. For non-cooks/Painting session with Vitaly starting at 4pm capturing still live.
- Day 5: Breakfast at 8:30am, Painting session with Vitaly around Villa, followed by Lunch at 1pm. Relaxing afternoon,swim,paint, read or have a Spritz! Back in Lucca at 3pm for more exploration. Puccini concert meeting 6.30 pm at the front of Church. Dinner in one of Karolina'ss favourite restaurant, back home 10.30pm
- Day 6: Breakfast 8.30. Time to explore a bit of Liguria! 09:30am: A day trip to Lerici – a beautiful coastal village with spectacular views. Paint, shop, explore and relax (with a map in hand). Lunch on own. Return home 4.30 Vitaly will be painting You are welcome to join him or you can paint on own. Dinner served 7pm.
- Day 7: Home day! Breakfast at 8:30am followed by session with Vitaly around the gardens on the hill side . Lunch 1pm 2.30pm Departure for painting session and wine Tasting in Our favourite local Bio-Dynamic winery. After, we back home for dinner.
- Day 8: Breakfast at 8.30am. Departure to San Gmignano: the most famous tower Medieval town exploring on own with the map in your hand , lunch on own. Back home 5pm Pizza Party!
- Day 9: Breakfast at 8:30am, Morning painting around gardens ,Lunch at 1pm ,Relaxing afternoon,Painting session start at 3.30pm Dinner home 7pm
- Day 10: The last day of workshops! You’ll start the day with breakfast at 8:30am. The group will finish their art works. After lunch at 1pm, there’ll be time to pack, relax, and rest. Later in the afternoon, we’ll create a gallery with all of your works! You’ll enjoy this with a spritz and casual spuntini. At 7 pm there’ll be a glamorous gala dinner offering the best Tuscan cuisine prepared by our chef along with homemade Verbencello
- Day 11: Departure day- Breakfast at 8:30am. After breakfast (10.00am), the group will be taken to Lucca train station or Pisa airport.
Course Cost: $3799
About the Artist
‘At every moment of life the artist finds himself at a crossroads, life opens with a new side, new impressions, new horizons, no Constant search, constant movement. And at the same time, one thing must remain the same: art must be positive. Love to God, to life, to people and light. Art must carry joy and kindness. Creativity should not encourage the pride and vanity of the artist. If the soul does not have warmth and love, then inevitably the penetration of cold and arrogance. And no matter how brilliant the master was, this genius will be negative. Therefore, every artist and spectator should be extremely attentive to himself and to creativity. I wish all artists and admirers of art more joy and love in their work and in their hearts! ’. Vitaly Makarov
Your Tuscan Experience
Tuscany is one of Italy’s most cherished regions. Its beautiful countryside is reminiscent of the landscapes of Renaissance masterpieces.
Along with rolling hills and vineyards, it also offers a rich artistic heritage including exquisite art and architecture – not forgetting premium wines and delicious cuisine. Set between the blue-green Apennine Mountains and the turquoise Tyrrhenian Sea,Tuscany is the heart and soul of Italy. Known and loved for its splendid landscapes, charming low hills, olive groves, vineyards, and beautiful old farmhouses, Tuscany is the ideal location for any artist. Your days will be divided between painting at home with Vitaly and daytime excursions to local points of interest where you will have your painting sessions and time to discover Tuscany.
As an immersive cultural experience, we also offer activities including a classical Puccini concert, cooking class with our Chef who specialises in Tuscan cuisine, and wine tasting in our favourite local vineyards.
These are only a few of our many close-by attractions.
Included in the cost of your workshop in Tuscany:
- Painting Supplies (Easel, painting stool, bag)
- All tuition fees
- All excursions
• Airport transfers and local transportation including day trips to Lucca ,Lerici , San Gimignano.
• All breakfasts lunches and dinners with wine (excluding 3 lunches)
• The use of folding chairs
- 3 lunches (Lucca, San Gimignano, Lerici)\
- Paints, brushes, canvas or prepared board, varnishes and thinners for paints, palette knives, etc.
This workshop is being arranged through followyoursensesintuscany.com.
Karolina will follow up on all questions about the workshop, accommodations, activities, coordinate arrivals and departures, food issues and all other details. Karolina will handle all booking arrangements, all enquiries, and receive the payments of deposit and balance from the students directly.
Contact: Karolina Lenart
Telephone: +39 3455809974 or +48 880876413